Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Silent Fluidity.......

Tinkerin_wit_tools
09-09-2009, 11:38 PM
While I am on the kick lately of cleaning the gunk out of my engine, fuel injectors and such, I read somewhere that you should change out power steering fluid and brake fluid.
I understand that after time and usage that deposits may form in these encased areas, but will they really cause that much damage if you never change them out???
How would you go about doing this on your own instead of going to a mechanic?

maxwedge
09-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Brake fluid can be tricky with an abs ssytem, and yes it can collect moisture over time. P/s fluid is a little less critical, but coul be done thru the return hose, googling any of these will give you the details.

Tinkerin_wit_tools
09-10-2009, 11:16 PM
Thank you for the input.
I called up the fellas at the local O'Reilly's and they have what's called a suction gun that is fairly cheap to do the job. I will give more time and research to the Brake Fluid. From what you sound like, it may not be so easy and I don't want to harm, just help. Will be doing my Power Steering Fluid this weekend. It says that you may have to do it a few times, every other weekend to get all of the gunk to float to the top where you fill it, but it is well worth the trouble of doing something that simple to save money in the future with having to replace anything in the steering systems. Thank you again.

Add your comment to this topic!