Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

98 V6 Camaro no spark at ICM

dpresto
09-09-2009, 05:15 PM
I have a 98 Camaro v6 3.8 that has no spark at the Ignition control module (The furthest coil is the only one not firing, the other front two are fine). New plugs, wires, new coils, and the ICM was put on a diagnostic machine and got all green lights three times in a row, but still no spark when tested with a timing light. What controls the spark before the ICM? What would cause only one coil not to fire? Do I need to invest in a new or used ECU? Crank position sensor is only about a year old. I hope it isn't bad wiring, that would be a nightmare. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advanced.

dpresto
09-14-2009, 11:28 AM
Update.... Replaced ECU with a functional replacement from the exact same year and type, no difference the vehicle is still firing on only four cylinders instead of 6??? Based on the amount of replys, I guess I am not the only one who is stumped :) The next step will be to try and change out the Crank position sensor, even though it was just replaced about a year ago.... After that, as far as I know the only thing that is left is faulty wiring. Any imput would be appreciated, thanks in advanced.

Add your comment to this topic!