Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hyundai "FREE RIDE" Program

709Bayman
09-07-2009, 01:18 PM
Hello -
I'm new to this so please bear with me. When I purchased my Tuscon Limited (2008) I also purchased a dealer provided FREE RIDE maintenance contract. In essence you are pre-paying for all your service and for parts not covered under normal Hyundai coverage (brakes, struts, etc). The problem that I have encountered is that it's almost impossible to get an appointment for service. I'm currently waiting 7 weeks for my 36K service and to find out why my ESC OFF light is on.
Has anyone else encountered a service contract of this kind? All work must be done at the selling dealer - there is no re-embersment for work done anywhere else. Also, what is the average time you folks have to wait to get your car serviced? I love the car but this service problem is starting to "sour" my relationship with Hyundai.
Thanks!

jsinton
09-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Hello -
I'm new to this so please bear with me. When I purchased my Tuscon Limited (2008) I also purchased a dealer provided FREE RIDE maintenance contract. In essence you are pre-paying for all your service and for parts not covered under normal Hyundai coverage (brakes, struts, etc). The problem that I have encountered is that it's almost impossible to get an appointment for service. I'm currently waiting 7 weeks for my 36K service and to find out why my ESC OFF light is on.
Has anyone else encountered a service contract of this kind? All work must be done at the selling dealer - there is no re-embersment for work done anywhere else. Also, what is the average time you folks have to wait to get your car serviced? I love the car but this service problem is starting to "sour" my relationship with Hyundai.
Thanks!

7 weeks! That's crazy! I'd demand my money back. Those people are crooks.

lowsonoma1999
09-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Something doesn't sound right. 7 weeks is a bit too long. The free ride contract you have would only be good through that dealer, since it's an in-house thing, not something they sold through Hyundai. We typically have just a 1 or 2 day wait to get in. Most I've ever seen us backed up is 2 weeks.

Add your comment to this topic!