Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

04 TB LS Blinker issue

revivemylife
09-06-2009, 01:47 PM
i have an 04 TB LS and the drivers side rear blinker is not working, when you put on the blinker it flashes really fast in the dash for the drivers side and the two front blinkers on that side work fine, the passenger side all works normal. So common sense told me it must be a burnt out bulb, but apparently it is not the bulb, i tried 2 replacements same problem.
I looked under the hood for relay in the fuse panel didnt see one, checked any fuses that looked related to flashers or blinkers and they are good.

So at this point im thinking it must be an issue with the flasher?? Is there even one in these trucks and if so where is it located and how can i tell if it is bad?
Im hoping it is not a wiring issue or a messed up multiswitch. Any help would be good thanks

Airjer_
09-06-2009, 02:53 PM
Its probably the socket assembly. If it where a fuse there would be no turn signals and the same with the flasher. Since the front is working than the fuses/flasher has to be working. If you look closely at the bulb you took out the first time you would likely see a burnt contact. If you look inside the socket you will probably also see a burnt contact. The socket assemblies are available aftermarket and reasonably priced. If you want to make sure unplug the socket assembly turn on the blinker for that side and probe the wires on the connector with a test light. If one wire causes the test light to blink replace the socket assembly. If there is no blinking wire than you need to find out where the break in the circuit is.

revivemylife
09-07-2009, 02:17 PM
It was the electrical connector. Where the pins from the taillight side slide into the connector it was all corroded and rusted on 3 of the pins so there was no contact for the blinker. a little scraping and it is all working good again.
Thanks for the help

Airjer_
09-07-2009, 05:54 PM
Or that! :)

intimadatorsquizz
09-08-2009, 02:27 PM
i have an 04 TB LS and the drivers side rear blinker is not working, when you put on the blinker it flashes really fast in the dash for the drivers side and the two front blinkers on that side work fine, the passenger side all works normal. So common sense told me it must be a burnt out bulb, but apparently it is not the bulb, i tried 2 replacements same problem.
I looked under the hood for relay in the fuse panel didnt see one, checked any fuses that looked related to flashers or blinkers and they are good.

So at this point im thinking it must be an issue with the flasher?? Is there even one in these trucks and if so where is it located and how can i tell if it is bad?
Im hoping it is not a wiring issue or a messed up multiswitch. Any help would be good thanks
call your GM dealer the trailblazers had a recall on the tail light circuit boards.have the service dept run your Vin# to see if the recall was ever done.

if it's not covered under the recall and the board is bad they're available at any auto parts store.Dorman make new ones part #923-009

Add your comment to this topic!