Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Water on Floor

Shteets
09-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Hello,

I have a 1998 Audi A8 Quatro and there is water in the heating/cooling ducts. You can hear it sloshing around in corners sometimes. I always noticed the windshield fogging up a little when the car is turned off and the air circulator is running. Now there seems to be enough water to come out from under the dash onto the floor. Anyone have any ideas? Is there a drain somewhere in the heating and cooling ducts that could be clogged up? I know most cars drip water when the AC is used perhaps a drain line is clogged (God knows where that is). Anyway, any help would be appreciated. (It's not antifreeze)

Thanks

Airjer_
09-06-2009, 02:55 PM
Sounds like the drain is plugged. They usually go through the firewall, towards the bottom, and on the passenger side.

Shteets
01-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Sounds like the drain is plugged. They usually go through the firewall, towards the bottom, and on the passenger side.

Thats exactly what it was. I found just how to fix it at AudiPages.com, Thanks!

Now I have a noise up front. Sounds like a bushing or some kind of bearing that has a burr on it or something. It isn't a consistant clunk or grind, it's kind of a clunkity clink..................clinkity clink clunk.................clink clink...........................clink. I gotta pull the underpan off of the front so I can get the stethescope in there. Sorry I didn't get a chance to thank you a while ago, I just fixed it when I found the fix on that website.

Thanks Again.

Add your comment to this topic!