Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

heater blower not working

cummins8713
09-05-2009, 01:44 PM
my 99 cavalier heater blower started acting screwed up. whenever the car is running in higher rpms the blower works and when you let off the gas it stops. now it stopped working alltogether does anyone have any ideas?

Airjer_
09-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Interesting! I can say I have never seen one do that.

The first thing I would do is run my own power and ground wire to the motor to see if it runs. If not then its junk If it does than its time to break out a voltmeter/test like and do a little investigating!

cummins8713
09-11-2009, 01:15 PM
ya i tested the motor and its fine so i dunno.

oneroundko
09-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Had this problem not long ago. It's called the "motor blower sensor" (I believe) and they are COMMON, very common to go out in our Cav's. It's under the passenger side dash and you have to break it out and leave one bolt out when you replace the old one. No big deal. It's a real cheap part too.

(Someone correct my if I'm wrong.)

Airjer_
09-28-2009, 11:26 PM
Blower motor resistors are very common parts to fail, but it does not explain wht the blower would work at higher RPM's and then not work at idle.

oneroundko
09-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Blower motor resistors are very common parts to fail, but it does not explain wht the blower would work at higher RPM's and then not work at idle.

It could still be that though couldn't it?

manicmechanix
09-29-2009, 03:41 PM
It could still be that though couldn't it?

Yes your blower motor ressistors were probably going out and giving high resistance so the fan ran faster when your alternator was putting out full voltage at higher engine RPM. Now the resistors are burned out completely.

oneroundko
09-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Yes your blower motor ressistors were probably going out and giving high resistance so the fan ran faster when your alternator was putting out full voltage at higher engine RPM. Now the resistors are burned out completely.

(It's not my fan, I'm responding to the OP) Like you said it might be the blower motor sensor. When my BMS went out only the high on my instrument panel for my air worked - neither of the other three lower speeds worked.

audi_hi
10-02-2009, 03:59 PM
this is my second ford focus i have had in a year and the same problems are happening to me again.
prob 1: the speedo works fine (when it feels like it)
prob 2: the heater/blower does not work at all know

i think its a dodgy earth somewhere, but where anybody have any ideas
thanking you
carl:banghead:

ps.. the car does seem to get very warm so i suspect its the heater blower thats not working
thanks

audi_hi
10-03-2009, 12:25 PM
hey
go steady on the replies folks (lol only jokin)

im assuming that they are both common faults with the focus, or just my bad luck

am i correct in thinkin the speedo has a dodge groung wire, because it does work sometimes (it only cuts out when im near a speed camera lol)

oneroundko
10-03-2009, 01:39 PM
hey
go steady on the replies folks (lol only jokin)

im assuming that they are both common faults with the focus, or just my bad luck

am i correct in thinkin the speedo has a dodge groung wire, because it does work sometimes (it only cuts out when im near a speed camera lol)

You're kinda hard to understand. Anyway, I can only comment on the Cavy because I own one.

Airjer_
10-03-2009, 08:12 PM
this is my second ford focus i have had in a year and the same problems are happening to me again.
prob 1: the speedo works fine (when it feels like it)
prob 2: the heater/blower does not work at all know

i think its a dodgy earth somewhere, but where anybody have any ideas
thanking you
carl:banghead:

ps.. the car does seem to get very warm so i suspect its the heater blower thats not working
thanks

You might have better luck posting this in the ford focus forum instead of the chevy cavalier forum!

super_man_736
10-03-2009, 08:23 PM
I had the same problem with my 96` all i did was replace the resistror and the blower motor. Now the heater works fine

audi_hi
10-04-2009, 05:18 AM
s@@@ wrong forum
sorry chaps:runaround::runaround:
thanks anyway superman

Add your comment to this topic!