Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

92 e-150 won'start

country-boy
09-02-2009, 11:40 AM
I bought an e-150 that had been sitting for 3 years it ran fine when i bought it then started missing and stalling. the engine light came on it had codes for egr and sensor on egr both have been replaced but didn't help. it still ran for 3 days. it stalled in my driveway and will not start. my fuel gauge is acting up now. the volt meter on the dash was irratic while it was running. has new ignition coil, plugs, rotar button and cap. any ideas? it has a 5.0 fi and auto tranny.

Blue)(Fusion
09-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Sounds like an electrical problem. If you can, check the voltage of the battery. When was the battery last replaced? If the voltmeter was erratic, and the battery is old, the battery may not be supplying enough volts for the sensors and computer to operate correctly.

country-boy
09-04-2009, 05:10 PM
I don't know when the battery was replaced but it seems to hold a good charge. I cranked on the starter for about 20 minutes when it first quit running. not all at one time though. I have been playing around with it and realized that the spark is orange instead of the normal blue spark. what's that all about?:uhoh:

country-boy
09-04-2009, 05:28 PM
I was checking the pickup coil an found that the little gear domaflicker is free spinning in the distibutor shaft so i figure the pin in it is sheared off. How do get the metal plate off of the distributor to get to the pickup coil?

Add your comment to this topic!