gst stumbles in second gear??? help

newgstowner
09-02-2009, 12:01 AM
Just bought a 97 gst but it stumbles in second gear when boost starts to climb. please any suggestions? driving me crazy!!!!

vanilla gorilla
09-02-2009, 12:55 AM
We need a little more detail in order to help you.

Is the car stock?

What exactly do you mean by stumble? Explain the car's hiccup a little more thoroughly.

newgstowner
09-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Just bought a 97 gst but it stumbles in second gear when boost starts to climb. please any suggestions? driving me crazy!!!!

it stutters when accelerating through second and third gear. the car is stock except an aftermarket blow off. i though it could be high speed glazing but still happened after replacing plugs, though it could be a boost leak but still happens after replacing blow off and checking for any leaks.

LandoAWD
09-03-2009, 09:10 AM
What plugs? What gap?

david-b
09-03-2009, 10:14 AM
Is the BOV recirculated?

LandoAWD
09-03-2009, 10:15 AM
Is the BOV recirculated?
This. And is it the crappy plastic stock one?

newgstowner
09-04-2009, 10:27 AM
the spark pluggs are NGK and are gapped at .028 the blow off is not stock as mentioned above and not recurculitive, but as i mentioned i dont think it is the blow off anymore cuz the problem still exists after replacing it and checked for any leaks, also no vacuum leaks. thats why i am kinda stumped. i also put feul system cleaner in it, a k&n filter and a new feul filter. whats next? do i change all the injectors cuz that seems a lil drastic but it is starting to piss me off. please help!!!!!!!

LandoAWD
09-04-2009, 10:28 AM
What aftermarket, non-recirc valve is it? Should I even do into the "you MUST recirc" speech?

newgstowner
09-04-2009, 10:32 AM
What aftermarket, non-recirc valve is it? Should I even do into the "you MUST recirc" speech?

dont need the speech learning more everyday. bought it third day i had car, first turbo and all, dont have the money to replace it yet but plan to now that i know a lil more. it is a performance dynamic inc. open are blow off valve. work great for what it is and have no problems with car other that same ole stutter in second and third.

LandoAWD
09-04-2009, 10:34 AM
You can't say you have no problems other than "this problem". LOL

Until you at least borrow a BOV from someone that mounts to whatever flange you have, you're chasing your tail.

What spring is in this BOV? How does it seal itself internally/to the flange? I've been in the game for 13 years and never heard of this maker.

newgstowner
09-04-2009, 10:58 AM
You can't say you have no problems other than "this problem". LOL

Until you at least borrow a BOV from someone that mounts to whatever flange you have, you're chasing your tail.

What spring is in this BOV? How does it seal itself internally/to the flange? I've been in the game for 13 years and never heard of this maker.

ok well thats not that comforting about the blow off. cant say about the spring but will find out when get home and it seals internally. still no leaks and same problem existed prior to installation so would it have anything to do with it.

LandoAWD
09-04-2009, 11:00 AM
How high have you boost leak tested the system, and what boost are you running?

Add your comment to this topic!