TCC Solenoid

dhoeschen
08-31-2009, 09:13 AM
Where is the TCC solenoid located? Can it be disabled or unplugged?

I'm pretty sure it is the reason why my ECMB fuse keeps blowing. If I drive around in [3] instead of [D] everything is ok. As soon as I get up to 45 MPH or so the fuse blows.

j cAT
08-31-2009, 10:25 AM
Where is the TCC solenoid located? Can it be disabled or unplugged?

I'm pretty sure it is the reason why my ECMB fuse keeps blowing. If I drive around in [3] instead of [D] everything is ok. As soon as I get up to 45 MPH or so the fuse blows.

give details vehicle exactly what fuse etc...

dhoeschen
08-31-2009, 12:32 PM
1999 Chevrolet Tahoe, 4 door, 4 wheel drive, 5.7 gasoline engine.

ECMB fuse.

Under 45 MPH in [D] - no problems
Over 45 MPH in [D] - blown fuse (ECMB)
Over 45 MPH in [3] - no problems

I simply wish to un-plug (or cut the wire to) the TCC solenoid.

777stickman
08-31-2009, 07:54 PM
Need to know if your '99 is an Old Body Style or New Body Style. If it's an OBS I may be able to help you to some degree.

Basically for an OBS the 5 shift control solenoids are internal to the tranny (4L60E) and are powered by one fuse (TRANS). The VCM controls the grounds to these solenoids based on inputs from various sensors.

My '98 manual shows the ECM B powers 2 things. The fuel pump thru the fuel pump relay and the VCM (Batt voltage "hot at all times").

So if the ECM B fuse blows does your Tahoe stop because there is no longer power to the fuel pump??

If you think you want to disable the TCC, my '98 manual shows the ground signal wire to the VCM as a TAN/BLACK wire. Yours may be different.

j cAT
08-31-2009, 09:23 PM
1999 Chevrolet Tahoe, 4 door, 4 wheel drive, 5.7 gasoline engine.

ECMB fuse.

Under 45 MPH in [D] - no problems
Over 45 MPH in [D] - blown fuse (ECMB)
Over 45 MPH in [3] - no problems

I simply wish to un-plug (or cut the wire to) the TCC solenoid.

this is a weird one....ECM B fuse and TCC...are not in the same circuit..

Jeremy-WI
09-01-2009, 06:23 AM
Try driving over 45 in drive with slight pressure on the brake pedal as this won't allow the TCC to engage.

Dont the solenoids have power to them any time the ignition switch is on and the pcm just provides the ground to complete the circuit when needed.

Add your comment to this topic!