Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 headunit

tenzoracerevovii
04-05-2003, 12:07 AM
i have a 97 civic coupe that i'm trying to sell and i want to put everything back to stock. i have an aftermarket head unit and i wanted to put a stock honda unit back in, but i lost my original one. My friend has a 99 coupe and still has his unit, but i'm wondering if it will work in my car? i've heard that newer honda's come w/ the honda keycode or some crap and shit that you gotta bypass from the dealer and all this crap and shit. as you can see, i'm blurry on this subject so can someone clarify please? thanks.

91EF3ZC
04-05-2003, 05:01 AM
is your 97 an EX, LX, DX? and do you have the keyless entry system?
the reson i ask is that, if you have an EX or an LX with keyless, your factory radio should still be in the car. if you have a DX it would work.
if you had an LX with no keyless it would work too, but you have to jump out two wires to keep the dome light working. let me know I can help you with this either way, it should work.

Mike

PaulD
04-05-2003, 08:42 AM
ask aroung at car stereo stores in your area ..... people always yank their factory system, and they might have one if your friends doesn't work.

tenzoracerevovii
04-06-2003, 11:36 PM
i have a 97 ex with an aftermarket alarm w/ keyless entry. and i put a pioneer head unit in, but misplaced the stock. i just want to know if a 99 headunit will work in my car. i probably will take your advice (paulD) and ask around for a stock radio. thanks guys. BTW, anyone in so cal area wanna buy a stock 97 civic coupe? hahha

Add your comment to this topic!