Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Trans Module Problems????

91parkboi
08-25-2009, 05:55 PM
I got a 91 park ave w/ 152,000 miles on it. I think I need a new trans module because when I come to a stop from rolling about 45 miles an hour every now and then I can feel the trans go into neutral and once I feel that I will shift in neutral then back and drive so I can take off and its fine. But if I don't and the trans slips in neutral w/o me paying attention maybe listening to music I would hit the gas and its like the car is in neutral but I got it shifted into drive. If I don't shift it back in drive in time the engine would shake real bad and then go into drive and I can go. Would this be time for a new trans or just the module? Just recently I had the camshaft sensor changed. This would not add to the problem would it? :screwy:

maxwedge
08-25-2009, 07:16 PM
This is not a pcm issue, make sure the fluid is full and clean if ok, this is an internal problelm.

91parkboi
08-26-2009, 07:12 PM
This is not a pcm issue, make sure the fluid is full and clean if ok, this is an internal problelm.
What kind of internal problem?

HotZ28
08-27-2009, 06:39 AM
What kind of internal problem?More than likely a low pressure problem (internal leak) due to input shaft/drum seals leaking. Early 4T60E's had a TSB concerning this problem. Have a trans shop check line pressures.

Add your comment to this topic!