Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Installing Viper Alarm with Keyless entry.

YenkoZL1
08-25-2009, 05:10 PM
I just bought a Viper 1002 1-way security system for my 2002 Mazda Protege DX. The car did not come with power locks from the factory. I am looking to install a power lock conversion kit. My question is.... Can I get away with using just 2-wire actuators on all four doors or will I need the 5-wire actuator for just the driver side door and 2-wire actuators everywhere else? I am not installing any power lock switches in the door panels. I am just going to use the remote function. I heard that if I'm not going to use a power lock switch that 2 wire actuators would work just fine. I'm not sure where to go on this one. Any advice would be much appreciated.

YenkoZL1
11-05-2009, 08:27 PM
I finished up installing the Viper Alarm and Door actuators in my 2002 mazda protege. If you do not plan on installing door lock switches on the inside of the vehicle you only need two-wire door actuators. But if you do plan on installing door lock switches inside, then the driver side door needs to have a 5-wire actuator and the other three doors only need the 2-wire actuators. With my setup, the remote unlocks all the doors, and once in the vehicle and it starts the doors automaically lock themselves, and unlock when vehicle is turned off. I bought the actuators off ebay. They're universal and work really well. They are nothing like what Mazda uses from the factory. It will take a little of your time to mount these things properly. Just a heads up.

Add your comment to this topic!