Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Question about Orange Delco Shock Absorbers

99BlueBlazer
08-24-2009, 09:16 AM
Hello. I am researching which shocks to buy for my 1999 LT Blazer with premium smooth ride suspension package ZW7. 130,000 miles. I believe these are the original shock absorbers on all four corners. The stamped PN was only legible on the front shocks. The PN is 22165713. The shocks have Made in France and have a band name on a sticker of "de" something or "le" something printed on a sticker. AC Delco is also printed on the sticker.

Rock Auto says, "ABSORBER KIT,FRT SHK WHEN USING 12477880 IN PLACE OF 22165713, MUST REPLACE IN SETS (LEFT & RIGHT SIDE); 4 WHEEL DRIVE; w/PREMIUM SMOOTH RIDE CHAS PKG(ZW7)"

Are these Bilstein shocks on my Blazer? From what I see it looks like all Bilstein shocks are blue/yellow but the ones on my Blazer are orange? Also it is strange that they say Made in France.

I'm 99% sure I will be ordering the Bilsteins today, so for me this is probably more of a satisfaction of curiosity. However, I'm sure it will benefit someone else in the future. So why are my shocks orange?

old_master
08-25-2009, 09:08 PM
The stock shocks, at least on 98 and newer, can't vouch for older ones, are made by Bilstein and they are orange. They're great shocks, and lasted about 80,000 miles on mine. I opted to replace them with the Monroe Sensa-trac shocks and feel they are every bit as good, maybe better.

Serge PETIT
08-26-2009, 03:18 AM
The orange shocks are made by the French company DE CARBON .
It's a middle range product .
On my 2000 Blazer 4 doors /4WD / V6 I have change for the Bilstein HD .
What a difference ! I am totaly satisfied .

99BlueBlazer
08-31-2009, 12:11 AM
I installed the four new Billstein shock absorbers on my Blazer this weekend. I can definately feel a difference, but the difference is not as great as I had expected.

Add your comment to this topic!