Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Which is better overall in your opinion

CivicType-R
10-25-2001, 08:36 AM
Which do you like better and why???

DVSNCYNIKL
10-25-2001, 08:45 AM
I'm going to go with the WRX. My reasons are as follows:
Price
History
Looks

I can see that with little mods, you can get a lot out of that engine. I've really grown to like them after seeing the rally version of this car. The headlight is what really catches my eye.

G-Forces
10-25-2001, 10:21 AM
Well that's pretty obvious. The WRX doesn't belong there, it should be the Impreza 2.5RS but anyway, a polls a poll.

YogsVR4
10-25-2001, 12:56 PM
green jeans

Never pay again for live sex! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=1) | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=3) | Chat for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=5)

G-Forces
10-25-2001, 01:23 PM
:confused: Hey whore how's the whorin'? :D:D

nubiannupe
10-25-2001, 02:02 PM
G, you're always messin with him...... Don't be surprised if one day, he rises up and :flamer:

But I gotta go with the Skyline, with the WRX a very close 2nd. And WTF is a Honda doing up there?? J/K

Although the Subarus have a proven rally racing reputation, the potential built into that Nissan is scary. And right out the box, it hasn't been tapped yet!!

Twist
10-25-2001, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by nubiannupe
But I gotta go with the Skyline

:confused:

gang$tarr
10-25-2001, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by nubiannupe

But I gotta go with the Skyline, with the WRX a very close 2nd. And WTF is a Honda doing up there?? J/K

Skyline?!?! where'd the skyline come from :confused: :confused:
i think the choices were: WRX, Honda civic Si, Mazda MP3 and Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
CHOOSE ONE!! LOL :D :D j/k

anyway, i'd pick the WRX it could pretty much rape the other 3 with performance. Like G-Forces said it doesn't belong there, so i'll just pick out of the other 3 :)
Out of the other 3 i'd pick the Sentra Spec V I think it has a nice interior (from the pictures) and it has a 6-speed. Also i think it's more powerful than the others (not sure about the MP3 though, i don't know much about it)

F20C
10-25-2001, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by DVSNCYNIKL
I'm going to go with the WRX. My reasons are as follows:
Price
History
Looks

I can see that with little mods, you can get a lot out of that engine. I've really grown to like them after seeing the rally version of this car. The headlight is what really catches my eye.

I respect your opinion for picking WRX. But you are probaly one of the only people that buy WRX for it's LOOKS. Most people have thought of covering the lights with rally style headlamp treatment.

gang$tarr
10-25-2001, 11:04 PM
yeah i don't really like the looks of the WRX, but i'd take it over those other cars any day!

flylwsi
10-26-2001, 12:49 AM
my questions on the nissan tho...
scc has yet to get more than 140 whp out of one that they tested, and they tested five... so that kinda kills the 175hp claim... cuz you only lose 20ish to the wheels... but they dont know b/c of the new drivetrain and tranny, blah blah blah
i like the wrx... somethin about the sound of that bitch windin out in the commercials... and especially in the rain... awd rocks in the wet...
DEALER MARKUP SUCKS ACE THO
they have it marked on the ones i saw, and it is a 3k markup. fugging ridiculous... oh well... i'd buy it, except that the STi is comin soon... right in time for me to get outta skul and buy a car... hmm...

Polygon
10-26-2001, 02:30 PM
I would say the WRX.

gang$tarr
10-26-2001, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Polygon
I would say the WRX.

good reason... lol :D

Polygon
10-26-2001, 03:08 PM
Uh, I said that because I thought it would be the popular choice. LOL :cwn27:

My real reason is, I like turbos. Simply that.
Though the looks for the WRX could be better, I feel of the group it is the better performing car. I thought it was just an obvious choice.

gang$tarr
10-26-2001, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Polygon
I thought it was just an obvious choice.

it is lol :D i never said it wasn't
it's alot faster than all the other cars.... it doesn't even really compare

Jay!
10-27-2001, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by F20C
I respect your opinion for picking WRX. But you are probaly one of the only people that buy WRX for it's LOOKS. Most people have thought of covering the lights with rally style headlamp treatment. I love the way the WRX looks. It looks like a rally car to me.

If I got one, I'd take off all the badges and leave everyone wondering "WTF was that?" :huh:

:D

gang$tarr
10-27-2001, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by jay@af
and leave everyone wondering "WTF was that?" :huh:

and then they will say: what am i? an idiot? that's the fast subaru!

who doesn't know what the WRX looks like!

F20C
10-27-2001, 05:52 PM
It is a rally car out of the factory. It's bigger brother is call the STI.

I don't mind it's looks but I do prefer to have rally headlamp treatment.

You can't miss a Impreza!! It's just stands out from the other cars.

Jay!
10-27-2001, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by gang$tarr
who doesn't know what the WRX looks like! I bet you'd be surprised. I'd think most people would assume it's a Honda. That's what everybody does to cars they don't recognize.
I don't mind it's looks but I do prefer to have rally headlamp treatment. Which is fine, because the STi projector lamps are already available through Subaru dealers. I wouldn't mind them, either. :D

I don't like the Subaru spoiler much, though. I'd leave it off and just let the wheel flares do the talking. ;)

gang$tarr
10-27-2001, 06:05 PM
It's bigger brother is call the STI.

NO WAY!!! LOL :D :D i'm sure everybody on AF knows about the STi

F20C
10-27-2001, 08:09 PM
The limited UK300 Impreza would do just fine.

F20C
10-27-2001, 08:10 PM
Or any of the Prodrive produce would be fine.

2001 AE
10-28-2001, 03:01 PM
WRX! Raw Speed.

gang$tarr
10-29-2001, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by 2001 AE
WRX! Raw Speed.

I'd say Raw Performance!
it can do just about anything :D
you don't see a vette or somethin riding dirt tracks and other rally conditions, and jumps... can't forget the jumps :D

Jezza
10-30-2001, 01:59 AM
The Rexy is the obvious choice... it's too bad that you guys missed out on the 2000 model:( , now that was a real looker:sun:

Cannabis
11-04-2001, 01:29 PM
Ever since I have joined this forum I have seen the WRX compared to cars that it shouldn't be compared to. Why is it being compared to the MP3 and Civic? No contest there. The sentra is a much closer match, but still a different class. But I can understand why someone would choose a Sentra over a WRX. At first I thought the WRX was ugly. But then I saw it in person, and my opinion changed. Pictures don't truly show the fender lines for what they are. But it pisses me off that Subaru was intending to copy the 911 with them. Nothing is worse than copied styling, which makes me go back to not liking the styling.

TatII
01-06-2002, 01:33 AM
i live near a Subaru dealer and i see a whole S#!T of WRX's every day. the look has grown on me. but seriously do not underestimate the Mazda MP3. it can do the slalom at 69.5 mph and pull .84gs. that alot more then what the WRX can do. the only car that matches the MP3's handling stock would be even be close to it would be the Corvette Z06 at (67.1mph) and the Ferrari 360 spider at (66.6mph) beware~!! it was also by far the car that pulled up the fastest lap times. besting the ( WRX, Camero Z28, Mustang GT, Eclipse GT, RSX type S, Altima 3.5 SE, Celcia GT-S, Golf GTi GLX) now be very afraid of htis weak car. the only ting that ruins this car is the weak horsepower and slow straight line speed. but~ i still chose WRX hahahah cause i love turbos and AWD

gang$tarr
01-09-2002, 04:08 PM
can somebody post pictures of the MP3, i don't think i've seen one

TatII
01-09-2002, 11:04 PM
i'm tryin to search for it but i can't find any. but its a really sharp lookin car.

RazorGTR
01-11-2002, 06:15 PM
I voted the WRX just because of its overall abilities, even though I don't really like them.

flylwsi
02-05-2002, 12:40 AM
tat2...
where is your info from, b/c i think you are prolly mistaken...

not too many cars, at least under the price of the zo6, can beat one in cornering... especially considering the weak 140hp of the mp3...

is there a mag or a site that that is from, b/c it doesnt sound right to me at all... just the hp numbers should make it obvious that that is wrong, or misquoted..

im not doubtin it, but it sounds off to me...

considering the wrx is faster than an audi s4, which also has more hp than the mp3, and that both are awd, i doubt the fwd mp3 is quicker... especially quicker than a zo6 w/ a race based suspension... and big balls...

so im just curious where that is from...

"who doesnt know what a wrx looks like"

anyone who has seen a new impreza is who. so if you get a wrx, take badges off, and run around lookin like a poser modded impreza, that sounds kinda fun to me when you kill tons of cars...

for pics...
the mp3 is the yellow thing in the "zoom zoom" commercials with that little kid... the wagon variant, as well as a four door... both have only 140hp...

flylwsi
07-13-2002, 01:27 PM
i don't know how this appeared up top, but i finally found the info, so take back my last post, i was wrong... it's pretty quick... but it's been 5 months, and we all know that

Sanchi
07-13-2002, 08:58 PM
Hi all well here are pix of the Se-R Spec V and the MP3, check it out if you still havent seen the MP3 it is a nice looking car. But i like the power of the Spec V, well ENJOY!!!

MP3 V's Spec V (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t41495.html)

:D :D :sun: :flash:

TatII
07-27-2002, 08:56 AM
go check out road and track for their top 10 best handling cars report. www.roadandtrack.com of course the MP5 can't out corner a Z06. it was last place. but its still in the top 10 non the less. plus if you read another article at road and track for 10 hot rides for under 25K report. it stated many times that the figures matched and beat most expensive super cars. no joke.

ProjectPhantom
03-01-2005, 02:01 AM
c'mon man too easy, WRX. not trying to piss anyone off but i think the spec v is a crap car i never liked any of the sentras, somehow was never strong or good lookin... its just my opinion tho.

Add your comment to this topic!