Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

96 Lumina APV 3.4L crank no start...

notsrac
08-22-2009, 08:03 PM
I have read through every link, website, forum lead, and still my APV will not start... So I need some help this is my only vehicle and have to have parts shipped to my house (live in the middle not here and nowhere)... I do have a nice garage with all kinds of tools and I am very mechanical...

Problem: I was in town and pulled out of the parking lot and it just died...
I have good crank and my fuel pump does come on
I do no have spark plug fire... I have not checked injectors (will soon)

Things checked before leaving town ICM (ignition control module) test 10 times back to back and it passed all 10 times...

Replaced: OHMed out all the sensors before replacing and old where in the range for MegaOHMs and new ones in the KiloOHMs so I replaced camshaft position sensor and both crankshaft position sensor... The one on the back side is not fun (remove exhaust help but that only room for on hand)
Checked camshaft to is if it broke like other in the forum its still good...
still a no go...

Replace PCM or ECM (power control module or electronic control module)...

So I went back to the book... States I should have a pink wire that is hot that goes to the ICM I do not have a pink wire matter a fact the color wires dont match anything I got... I do know that my tach should be white but its brown (installed a remote start long time ago and removed it when I did the engine change)? none of the colors match up... Book states that I should have 12v on one of those wires to the ICM and I don't have 12v on any of them...

So is the fuse box in the glove box the only fuses this Van has?? Can any tell me what the fuses and replay is for where the blinker or flash is passenger side by computer? is there any under the hood?? Chilton's manual page 4-23 fig 6.4 where is the Inj in-line fuse 20A or fuse block details cell11... also 4-27 fig 71 top diagram where is that fuse in the dotted box? I have 4-5 relays behind the passenger light thats all I can find can someone clue me in on what these are for also they are all the same relay so I tested and swapped them around and still no go..

Also about two years ago I swap a motor in and had a not start no fire no fuel... I took it to a deal and it cost me 70 bucks for 3 fuse that I swear they was was under the hood... Parts cost 3.50 and they where done in 10 mins... I dont know why I did not start with the power first...

notsrac
08-24-2009, 10:17 PM
Ttt

Add your comment to this topic!