Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 s-10 4x4 pick up

steveb2001ZR2
08-21-2009, 04:57 PM
2000 4 WHEEL DRIVE reg. cab, long bed
abs seems to be kicking in when in a parking lot parking, it jerks when you are turning into a parking place wheels turned brakes on to slow down pulling in, no codes, no ABS light on.??

New brakes and rotors all the way around, didnt do this until a few weeks after brakes was replaced.

MT-2500
08-21-2009, 05:42 PM
2000 4 WHEEL DRIVE reg. cab, long bed
abs seems to be kicking in when in a parking lot parking, it jerks when you are turning into a parking place wheels turned brakes on to slow down pulling in, no codes, no ABS light on.??

New brakes and rotors all the way around, didnt do this until a few weeks after brakes was replaced.

Are you sure it is ABS brakes.
Can you feel or hear brake pedal kicking abs on?
Or do you feel it in steering wheel or when no aplying brakes?
Get it on a ABS capable scanner and watch all 4 wheel speed sensor readings.
Ans see if it is abs and what they are doing
Make sure allwheel speed sensors readings match.
If not repair the ine that does not.

steveb2001ZR2
08-24-2009, 08:49 PM
this is my sons, I got in it today it you can feel the ABS kicking in when wheel is turned real sharp just like he said when he pulls into a parking spot to park at school
trying to fix this myself, have no way of getting a scanner right now, iam sure its not cheap to have them scanned.
so any thing i can try or do ??

MT-2500
08-25-2009, 11:48 AM
this is my sons, I got in it today it you can feel the ABS kicking in when wheel is turned real sharp just like he said when he pulls into a parking spot to park at school
trying to fix this myself, have no way of getting a scanner right now, iam sure its not cheap to have them scanned.
so any thing i can try or do ??
Only thing I would know to check.
Check wiring and wiring plug in th speed sensors.
Could be a broken or bad wire or plugin.

But you really need a sensor reading and code ckeck from a ABS capable scanner.
Any repair shop with a scanner can check it for you but for a fee.
Ask or check arround some may give you a good break on a scanner check.
If you get any codes post back code no.
Also make sure tire sise is matched up.
Good luck

ken_man_1
08-26-2009, 12:39 PM
Just had this with my '00 blazer - one of the front wheel abs sensor wires wound up in 2 sections (like it was cut). I spliced it together and waterproofed it (very well), and the problem went away. In the mean time, I pulled the main ABS fuse under the hood and the pulsating pedal/slow stops were eliminated - however the ABS did NOT work when the fuse was out.

Add your comment to this topic!