Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Driver Information Center

wlsnoops
08-21-2009, 11:05 AM
The temperature readings has been off about 10 degrees lately. I thought I would check to see if a sensor might be dirty, but I don't know where it is located.

Would that cause it to show an incorrect temperature reading?

Thanks.

roadrunner2
08-21-2009, 02:44 PM
The temperature readings has been off about 10 degrees lately. I thought I would check to see if a sensor might be dirty, but I don't know where it is located.

Would that cause it to show an incorrect temperature reading?

Thanks.

The remote ambient temp thermometer on my 2000 Silo was in front of the rad on the drivers side.

I found that when the vehicle sat in the sun for awhile it would read higher than the actual temp at the time.

After driving for a bit, the reading came down and when I found out the actual temp on the radio, I checked the DIC (Driver Information Center) and saw the temp read correctly.

wlsnoops
08-21-2009, 03:17 PM
The remote ambient temp thermometer on my 2000 Silo was in front of the rad on the drivers side.

I found that when the vehicle sat in the sun for awhile it would read higher than the actual temp at the time.

After driving for a bit, the reading came down and when I found out the actual temp on the radio, I checked the DIC (Driver Information Center) and saw the temp read correctly.

I guess I should have been more explicit with my explanation. The temp is about 10 degrees cooler, even after sitting in the sun. Thanks for the location info. I'm going to check it right now.

depalma
03-09-2010, 08:35 AM
I replaced the ambient temperature sensor and it fixed the problem.
However, contrary to this thread, I found the temperature sensor to be located on the PASSANGER side in front of the radiator. ( not the drivers side) I own a 1999 and a 2003 SILHOUTTE and found the temp sensor to be located in the same position for both cars.

roadrunner2
03-09-2010, 08:26 PM
I replaced the ambient temperature sensor and it fixed the problem.
However, contrary to this thread, I found the temperature sensor to be located on the PASSANGER side in front of the radiator. ( not the drivers side) I own a 1999 and a 2003 SILHOUTTE and found the temp sensor to be located in the same position for both cars.

I'm not going to doubt you as it is entirely possible the sensor on my GLS had died and replaced to the other side.

I was the second owner.

Add your comment to this topic!