Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

And I thought 1/43 was a small scale to build!

lotus123
08-20-2009, 01:51 AM
I've been detailing an F430 engine at 1/24, and I thought that it was difficult to glue and shape parts, but this is ridiculous.

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2009/08/microsculptors-incredible-hulk-fits-in-eye-of-needle/

Sorry if you've seen it already, but I had to share this. And take note of the prices while you're reading the article.

jano11
08-20-2009, 04:18 AM
Looks pretty bad quality to me. The sculpture is totally unrealistic and other than the color has little resemblance to the Hulk. Which makes the price even more ludicrous.

lotus123
08-20-2009, 05:26 AM
Maybe the Hulk doesn't look realistic, but the characters in Wizard of Oz are easily identifiable.

He says he gets down to 6.7 microns - good grief, I struggle at 1mm!

What intrigues me is the technique. I find that holding the pieces is tricky, but gluing small pieces to each other is a nightmare. Somehow the smaller piece always comes off the main part when I try to remove the tweezers, and I end up with both pieces acting like two magnets in "repel mode".

jano11
08-20-2009, 06:36 AM
I find that holding the pieces is tricky, but gluing small pieces to each other is a nightmare. Somehow the smaller piece always comes off the main part when I try to remove the tweezers, and I end up with both pieces acting like two magnets in "repel mode".

Maybe you should keep the parts together for a bit more time so teh glue can cure?! ;)

tuned.by.twenty
08-20-2009, 12:06 PM
That's actually really cool! Just the thought that something so small can be made is mind-boggling.

Add your comment to this topic!