Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hatch Lock

tinadalton
08-18-2009, 05:38 PM
HELP!!!
I can't lock my 2006 hatch lock.
All the other locks on the van work, but I can not lock the hatch. I checked the fuses and all are fine. I do not find anything in the book that came with the van about there being a magic button to do this other then the usual door locks, we used both the key fob and the locks on the door. I'm desperate for help!
Thanks ahead,
Tina:banghead:

spike88
09-02-2009, 09:01 PM
Hi Tina.

Inside the doors (including the rear door), a little solid wire is often used between its locking mechanism to its door latch mechanism. Sometimes, that wire can break of come off. To check, one needs to remove the rear door's inner panel and take an in-depth look. May need bright lighting to get a good look as well.

If you are "good with a wrench", remove your van's inner door panel and take a good look. Perhaps this solid wire has fallen off (from broken locking clip) and a simple fix is needed.

Good luck.

phipps
10-17-2009, 08:24 AM
The Uplander does not have a manual lock on the rear hatch, it works off the electric lock system. I would suspect a loose wire.
SAMSUNG-SGH-I617/1.0 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.6) UP.Link/6.3.1.20.0

Add your comment to this topic!