Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2003 lincoln ls throttle codes

2003ls
08-18-2009, 05:25 PM
The other day I was driving and the car shut off on me. Turned back on and will go into drive but wont allow me to give it throttle.
The codes that show up are :

P2104 Throttle actuator control system-Forced Idle
P0223 Throttle/pedal position sensor-B circuit high voltage
P2111 Throttle actuator control system-stuck open
P2135 Throttle/pedal position sensor-A/B circuit correlation

I have to mention that this occured about an hr after I had it detailed and the engine was also washed. I'm new to this but before I went out and spent a lot of money I wasnted to get some feedback.

I have the 2003 Lincoln Ls 3.0 premium.

I've also had transmission slippage for the past 15000 miles but only occurs after i've been driving for about 15 mins. It shifts smoothly every morning for the first 15 mins or so.

gcwimmer
08-19-2009, 08:21 AM
The other day I was driving and the car shut off on me. Turned back on and will go into drive but wont allow me to give it throttle.
The codes that show up are :

P2104 Throttle actuator control system-Forced Idle
P0223 Throttle/pedal position sensor-B circuit high voltage
P2111 Throttle actuator control system-stuck open
P2135 Throttle/pedal position sensor-A/B circuit correlation

I have to mention that this occurred about an hr after I had it detailed and the engine was also washed. I'm new to this but before I went out and spent a lot of money I wasnted to get some feedback.

I have the 2003 Lincoln Ls 3.0 premium.

I've also had transmission slippage for the past 15000 miles but only occurs after i've been driving for about 15 mins. It shifts smoothly every morning for the first 15 mins or so.

Since you just had it washed and detailed it would suggest you have water in the coils. It is known that when #4 coil is shorting out it gives off RF and coil #4 is close to the main computer on the passenger side fire wall. Disconnect the negative battery cable for about 1/2 hour to reset the computer. Make sure the engine compartment has dried out.

Try this first for it doesn't cost money, then see if it reoccurs.

The 2003 has an extended warranty for 100K or 10 years that cover the coils.

2003ls
08-20-2009, 06:06 PM
Thanks a lot for the reply. In fact water had gotten in the wells. The mechanic replaced all the spark plugs and took the car out of limp mode. I picked the car up today and seems to working great. I hope that was all that was wrong b/c he charged me $240 and all he did was change the spark plugs.

shorod
08-21-2009, 07:55 AM
$240 to change the spark plugs, if he did all 6 of them, is not bad for the V6.

-Rod

Add your comment to this topic!