Where do I get a Haynes manual for 2006 Montana?

dorlow
08-12-2009, 06:53 PM
I have a 2006 Montana SV6. I cannot find a Haynes or Chilton manual for it. I found a 2005 Montana manual, but not a 2006. There's quite a bit of differences between the 2005 and 2006... a whole body change. Does anyone have any repair manuals for a 2006 Montana and where did you get it from?

'97ventureowner
08-12-2009, 10:02 PM
I have a 2006 Montana SV6. I cannot find a Haynes or Chilton manual for it. I found a 2005 Montana manual, but not a 2006. There's quite a bit of differences between the 2005 and 2006... a whole body change. Does anyone have any repair manuals for a 2006 Montana and where did you get it from?
I wonder if Haynes made one for this model year. Basically the Montana was redesigned for the 2005 model year and shared the same platform and look as the Uplander, Terazza, and Relay( the name was also changed to the Montana SV6). In the US it was discontinued after the 2006 model year, so it pretty much was produced for only 2 model years in the US. The manuals I've seen ( 2 that I'm aware of) cover either the 1997 to 2005 models, or the 2001 to 2005 model years. Being only that they were made for 2 years in that body style might not justify putting out a new manual, rather they may come out with an "updated " version of one that covers it's predecessors and include info for the last years of US production. With that being said you might have to look towards Canada where they were produced until this year, but I'm not sure if the info may be the same as it is a Canadian model after 2006.You could also check eBay where you might find a factory service manual for a fair price. These have more detailed info on repair procedures than a Chilton or Haynes manual.

dorlow
08-12-2009, 10:07 PM
I tried looking for a factory manual on ebay, google, etc. and couldn't find that either. Does GM have factory manuals still? I bought one for my 95 Aurora... But I'd think everything is electronic these days. I believe GM has a techlink website that all dealers use for their repair info.

'97ventureowner
08-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Finding factory service manuals for your specific model and year is more of a "wait and see" or "good things come to those who wait" on eBay. I see manuals for these vans once in awhile, I am watching for one for my Uplander and saw one about 2 months ago , so they.re out there. Take heart though, with GM closing dealers and others closing down by themselves you should see an increase in the number of manuals up for auction as a lot of the inventory of these closed dealerships is bought and then auctioned off on ebay. That is how I found a couple of my manuals over the years. They ended up coming from dealerships that either closed or merged and the excess inventory sold off.

dorlow
08-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Will a 2005 manual work for a 2006? I know they are different designs, but I'd think a lot would still be the same. I can't imagine this sliding door working that much different (unless the 2005s didn't have power sliding doors.)

roadrunner2
08-19-2009, 10:25 PM
Will a 2005 manual work for a 2006? I know they are different designs, but I'd think a lot would still be the same. I can't imagine this sliding door working that much different (unless the 2005s didn't have power sliding doors.)

Power sliding doors have been an option for those vans ever since 1997. It must be the same.

'97ventureowner
08-19-2009, 10:42 PM
Power sliding doors have been an option for those vans ever since 1997. It must be the same.

As have the issues associated with the power sliding doors. (After having them on my '97 Venture I opted for manual doors on my '06 Uplander.)

rdh2
08-21-2009, 11:00 AM
In 2005 GM started the transition to online manuals for dealers. For 2006 and on, I don't believe there were any dealer CD's or DVD's produced that contained manuals you could install on your computer.

Helm, Inc sells the information for about $135 for a paper manual set for the Montana or $400 for a Service Manual DVD that contains all GM Service Manuals 1998 Thru 2008 and Service Bulletins 1980 Thru Current and 1996/1997 Engine/Transmissions

'97ventureowner
08-22-2009, 12:55 AM
Happened to be looking up some parts on www.rockauto.com and remembered your plight. I went over to the Pontiac section and looked to see if they sold a manual for your model. Just as I thought , they don't but they do sell a subscription service for technical service bulletins for $12.99/yr. This is the description they have :
INFOTRAXX SYSTEMS Part # TSB More Info {Technical Service Bulletin & Recall Announcement Subscription - Includes the documents currently available and complementary access to future documents for a year. Convenient PDF Format. Not a Repair Manual.}
They do show a repair manual for the 2005 SV6 but it is on a CD. Here is that description:
CHILTON Part # 1418032026 More Info {PDF on Disc For PC Only (Vista 64 Not Supported) - Will be activated for only one vehicle. Returns accepted for defective or unopened CDs only.}
Includes Service/Repair Instructions, Illustrations, and Specifications. Covers Electric/Mechanical Engine Systems, Emissions, Fuel Systems, Chassis Electrical Systems, Wiring Diagrams, Drive Train, Suspension, Steering, Brakes, Heat & A/C, & Body Parts.
* Non-stock item--shipping delayed up to 2 business days ( There is a picture of the cover of the CD but it is pixelated on my computer and isn't clear enough to make out the wording. At first glance it appears to be a general repair manual and not model specific, but like I said I could be wrong as my computer screen at the moment is 9" so things appear smaller.) They list repair manuals for these U body platform vans up to 2005.

Chucky cheese
11-06-2009, 11:08 PM
I see original GM manuals on Ebay.com for sale. Check out the parts/manuals section and do a search you should find them. I just looked and found a used 2 book set for $79.00US. Good Luck

Add your comment to this topic!