Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My Transmission

teejay
04-04-2003, 08:55 AM
Hi y'all. Does any one know what could be wrong with my transmission? It was not selecting the initial gear very well and also the E light on the dashboard which shows the transmission mode (either E economy; M manual or S sports) does not show. Well I just overhauled the transmission and that problem is still there. Is it electronic?

In fact all the car's problems seem to be electronic. Water got into the car while I parked in a flooded area. Since then the electric windows dont wind and the inner courtesy lights dont come on.

Lastly. The engine doesnt seem to rev right. Could these be the electronic management systems on the car. Its been a brilliant car to own, done 70k, but its getting to be a bit of a pain now.

Please help.
Thanks

teejay

:(

kaoru-tochiro
04-04-2003, 09:01 AM
Yeah, if water got in the car, it could definetely be an electronic problem. Electronics are very suceptible to shorts and cause voltage spikes, and computers get all waky. Have the electronic modules professionally checked by a BMW certified mechanic like a dealer. This may be more expensive but its better than some "joe" mechanic working on it messing the car up more.

Add your comment to this topic!