Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1998 Bravada Is About To Go Over A Cliff

harleymom
08-10-2009, 12:50 AM
I have recently been having problems with the Bravada wanting to die while driving, every time it would die it would be raining out or the roads are wet after a rain it would not start right up I would have to wait for a few mins then it would start right up and go like nothing happened. It died a few weeks ago and It would not start at all so I had a new water pump, starter and the coil thats on the starter replaced. It was ok for about a week then I was driving in the rain and it dies on me going 55 and I had to wait a few mins and then it started right back up and ran fine. I was told it could be the fuel pump or it is vapor locking:confused: I dont know how long it has been since the spark plugs were replaced or anything like that, I just got this car in Feb of this year. Any ideas of what it could be?

Chris Stewart
08-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Worn out ignition coil wire (insulation and/or end deterioration) can short to ground if it gets wet then act normal after it dries. Same for the distributor cap and the rotor button inside the distributor cap.
I've done a complete tune up with new spark plug & coil wires, spark plugs, distributor cap and rotor button to correct those type problems.

Leeann94astro
08-10-2009, 08:25 PM
've done a complete tune up with new spark plug & coil wires, spark plugs, distributor cap and rotor button to correct those type problems.

Ditto. I've even had bad sets of wires out of the box cause this problem.

Xcrewchief
08-16-2009, 12:16 AM
Could it possibly also be water that is getting in an electrical connector somewhere and collecting until the vehicle stops, the water runs back out and dries, and then the vehicle runs again??
Just asking....

4x4 blazerguy
08-16-2009, 01:24 AM
Mine did that when we first got it. Plug Wires, Cap & Rotor fixed it.

Add your comment to this topic!