Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Amazing MPG :D

jarl
08-08-2009, 09:38 PM
I bought a '94 3.8 Trans Sport to make my moving to MI a little easier. Somehow I ended up buying a car where everything leaks and more than one thing doesn't work. However...

After 360 miles I saw the fuel gauge was still near the half tank mark, and I guessed it was broken. I stopped to put fuel and expected to put near a full tank. I was gratefully surprised when, after finishing filling the tank, the average MPG for the entire trip ended up being 29.3 MPG :iceslolan

I used to drive a Villager before and I was getting 24~25 MPG, but this van/engine is just amazing. Now, if I could stop the leaks and fix the stuff that doesn't work...

Jrs3800
08-16-2009, 12:16 PM
I understand... I took my 95 Transport and actually Modded the thing... Had the engine flowing better due to the Lower intake porting and the 1.8 Roller Rockers... Rebuilt a trans from a Supercharged 3800... The 1-2 shift at WOT was nuts... Was fun to drive for a van, a few people were shocked that it could move.. And even more shocked when they found out I got better mileage than they did in their car...LMAO

My Average was 24 Mixed.. Would easily do 27-28 On the Hwy, But I have a Lead foot...

The Transports with the 3800 were rated for 26 Hwy, But I have heard 28-29 seemed to be the norm.. Its a surprise to see a van that can pull down those numbers isn't it:sunglasse

Add your comment to this topic!