Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

96 ES300 gauge back lights

gaguirre
08-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Has anyone changed the lights behind the speed and tach gauges? My lights have died on part of the panel and I would like to see how dificult it is to replace all of them. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

jdmccright
08-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Check the FSMs stickied at the top of this forum for your vehicle. Yours is the equivalent of a Gen III V6 Camry. There is a bezel around the radio that you can pry loose with a tape protected flat screwdriver. Then the remaining finish panel around the cluster and A/C controls can be removed by removing the screws under the top edge of the cluster bezel and hidden under the radio bezel. Be careful pulling so you can disconnect any wires once the finish panel is loosened. Gauge cluster is held in by 4 screws. Hope this helps!

gaguirre
08-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the info I will check on it this evening. Are the bulbs standard so that I can pick up before I tear down or do I have to order?

Thanks in advance

jdmccright
08-10-2009, 12:26 PM
Should be type 194 for the gauge illumination and the turn signals. The shift indicator lights may be Toyota-specific.

You might consider replacing all of the bulbs at once to avoid having to delve into it again. I'd buy at least 8 bulbs...you can take back any packages you didn't open. Definitely replace any bulb that looks dark or opaque.

gaguirre
08-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Thanks I will give those a try

Add your comment to this topic!