Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Dodge Stratus, is it good ?

supernasro
08-06-2009, 07:10 PM
Hello,

My name is NAS,

I want to buy a car,
I have $5,000

I found a 2004 Dodge Stratus 2Doors with 110K Miles, 4cylinders, $3,200
It's clean, there is no rust,
the front windshield is cracked, and need new front tires,
so maybe I will put $400 for all the tires and balance them.
I don't know how much for the windshield.... ?
and the engine is clean, inside is clean too, I like it.

But...

Some friends told me that the Stratus are very bad... and I will have a hard time with it, because they causes many problems, they broke all the time... and I will spend a lot of money to fix it every time...

is it true ???
because I'm looking for a car with a good MPG... and this one have only 4 cylinders,
and no an old car... this one is a 2004...
and for the mileage, 110K Miles it's ok for me...
and a clean car, this one is clean...

but? is it true ? for those problems ? the Stratus broke a lot of times ? and we have to spend lot of money for repair ? at this mileage ?

Do you have any other idea for a good car ?

Thank you for your helping,
NAS

TheBobsHere
08-06-2009, 07:15 PM
for 5 grand I'm sure you could find a mid 90's mustang GT. The parts are cheap and plenty for almost any mustang (except for SVO 4 cylinder turbos that is).

supernasro
08-06-2009, 07:30 PM
yes, I found some 2000-2 Ford Mustang for this price... I like theme...
but I drive 100 Miles a day... so, for the gasoil... I spend all my money with my Jeep Cherokee V6.... And I drive slowly to increase my MPG...

It's why I want to have a 4 cylinders... instead 300 Miles with 18G, I'm looking for 480Miles with 18G.

TheBobsHere
08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
The Mustang V6 is good on gas and there are a TON of em which makes them even cheaper than the GT and aftermarket support is almost just as good. Plus they handle better due to less weight over the front axle.

wafrederick
08-08-2009, 06:53 PM
The Stratuses with the 4 cylinders are good,very reliable and avoid ones with the 2.7,yes some do have the 2.7 engine.They do have problems with the rear strut plates,factory ones were made out of aluminum which do break easily and the replacements are made out of steel.Dorman does sell them aftermarket made out of steel including the dealer.

TheBobsHere
08-08-2009, 07:06 PM
I've never seen a stratus (or almost any Chrysler 5 yrs or older) that didn't leak oil somewhere.... and the brakes sucked too. Were talking everything from rentals to grandma cars. Maybe it's just me.

Add your comment to this topic!