Sebring engine Question 2.7?

dboyz
08-05-2009, 11:42 PM
Hey, Im not the most mechanically inclined, did more sports, and studying, than mechanical. Anyway, I was gunna look at a 2001 limited ed sebring convertible. It has a 2.7 in it. However, I use to have a lebaron a while ago and blew the pistons...yes it blew oil!:banghead:. I have been hearing that the 2.7s are bad. However, I havent come across any 2001 convertibles that are not 2.7. So my question is, in a 2k1 sebring convert. if the 2.7 blows, can you interchange it with a 2.5 engine? Also, is there enough space to put in a 3.0 and will it match the transmission that was made for the 2.7?

- I also notice that the 2.7 engines are not cheap for used ones either. The only reason why I ask about changing engines is because the other engines seem cheaper to replace, and secondly I had a camaro RS V6 and was gunna drop a 350 in there, cause it had the space, didnt know if the same applies with sebrings...room under the hood. Thanks

jlbdsw
09-13-2009, 03:30 PM
I like to know if a motor from a 2003 sebring hard top fit in a 2001 sebring conv. Please let me know.

Add your comment to this topic!