Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

stuts

chickycris
08-04-2009, 07:37 PM
I have a 2005 forenza with less than 36,000 miles. I was told that I need to have the 4 struts replaced because they were all leaking. Is this normal? Didn't sound normal to me since my car is only 4 yrs old and low miles.

bandit7862
01-01-2010, 07:37 AM
I have a 2005 forenza with less than 36,000 miles. I was told that I need to have the 4 struts replaced because they were all leaking. Is this normal? Didn't sound normal to me since my car is only 4 yrs old and low miles.

You are right, it doesnt sound normal but apparently these struts were poorly designed. We also have the same problem but just the rear struts. They have completely failed however we have 95,000 miles on our 2005 Forenza. I am looking for someone with advice on how to change these out myself. I have replaced many shocks in my days, but never any struts. Does anyone know if the principle is the same? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

bandit7862
01-01-2010, 07:44 AM

Doesnt sound normal to me either but we have the same problem with the same car only ours are the 2 rear struts. This was a poor design of these struts. I have replaced many shocks in my days but never any struts. We have 95,000 miles on our 2005 Forenza and the rear struts are completely shot. I could bounce the car to the moon I think. It lost all of its reboubd when bouncing the car up and down. I am looking for advice on changing these struts out myself. Any help would be great.

Add your comment to this topic!