Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 GMC Jimmy (will not re-start when hott)

nmanderson
08-04-2009, 03:47 PM
I own a 2001 GMC Jimmy 4.3 vortec 4x4(cmesfi). There are times that it will not start. There are time when it will completely die out. When the temp outside exceeds 80 degrees and I drive it for more than 30 min. It will not restart. If the temp outside is more than 80 outside and I drive for more than 1 hour and 20 min. It will die out while driving. At the times when I drive for 30 min and it doesn't restart. I take off the air intake over the throttle,let it sit for 10 min. I can get it to restart. If I do not take it off it will take around an hour to restart. Same while die out when driving. If the temp outside is less than 80 outside. I can drive it longer without the problem. It was fine all last winter. When I turn the AC on it will take less drive time to die out in 80 degree weather. At the time of the problem before I turn it off I notice that the idle jumps a little. I have codes P0410,and P0102. I do know what the codes are for.

Now the list of the things I have done in the past 3 months. I first replaced the fuel pump because I knew it was bad. The rear end went out so,I had it replaced. I replaced the EGR valve,the IAC valve,the thermostat,IAT sensor,MAF sensor,MAP sensor,crank sensor,PVC valve,all vaccum hoses,the whole Distributor,coil,egnition module,all spark plugs,new battery,all spark plug wires,air filter,engine temp sensor,fuel filter.Im getting great fuel pressure,and I have tested both cat's,and the injector spider.All tested fine. I sprayed throttle body/injector cleaner,,still nothing..:screwy:
What did I miss? I know that the code P0102 says the MAF is getting low volts. I know it operates at 5v. What else is heating up near the throttle? It cools off quick when I remove the Air intake.
:banghead:

maxwedge
08-04-2009, 07:11 PM
Welcome to AF, some rebuilt maf's have been problematic, but do you have spark when this occurs number one, will it start spray starting fluid into the intake, these are the std diagnostics for a no start. 410 is the air system not related to the issue.

Add your comment to this topic!