Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How to alter camber of car?

nornicle
04-03-2003, 08:05 PM
I want to give my street cars abit more camber (not as crazy as some of the enthusiasts in japan) to give them a more aggressive...

The camber dialed into the 911 GT2 Taisan starcard/ mercedes CLK DTM
is sort of the degree of camber that i want?

any hints?

TheSyndicate
04-03-2003, 08:56 PM
A badass suggestion would be to create a working suspension out of metal and screws and hinges so you can have adjustable camber settings. But, in reality you can maybe cut off then reglue the wheel peg at an angle; which is rather tricky to pull off. Best of luck in any case.

ales
04-03-2003, 09:55 PM
In principle, in order to dial in some negative camber (I'm assuming this is what you're after) you need to either move the top ends of the struts closer together or move the lower ends further apart. Imo, the first option is easier, though sometimes the wheen might become too tucked in. Anyway, just find a way to move the mounting points of the top of the struts closer together. Be creative!

64 Chevy
04-04-2003, 12:06 AM
my advise would be to heat bend a mounting point for the wheel. This may not work for your car though.

nornicle
04-04-2003, 01:53 AM
GOOD IDEA!!!
I think ill heat and then MASH the top mounts for the wheels in a bit...

so it will force the camber.

muahahahhha

thanks for that innovative idea

ales
04-04-2003, 02:17 AM
You do that. But when you break it, don't say you weren't given a better alternative. It's not that hard to drill another hole for the top of the strut.

nornicle
04-04-2003, 04:15 AM
thats a good idea too.. just drill a hole closer into the body of the car...

hrmmm

*thinks*

err.. I don't have a pin vice thingo drill...

heheh i should invest in one.. any ideas? and maybe a dremel while im at it

Add your comment to this topic!