Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

question for the AF girls

casperGSR
04-03-2003, 07:08 PM
okay girls need your advice or opinions... my girlfriend has '00 civ ex with minor mods done to it but nothing special (yet). She hasn't been able to do anything major to her car because she is having to pay for her school, rent, etc... not to say she doesn't want to though. So for her birthday I want to do one of two things either get her the OEM body kit and the rims she wants, or do a B16A or B18C1 swap... right now she has basic bolt ons as far as engine mods goes and not much for cosmetic, tints and dropped. Which way should i go? get her some show or get her some go?

Jetts
04-03-2003, 07:11 PM
GO for sure!!

not a chick but ohwell

94SolGrl
04-03-2003, 09:18 PM
I don't speak civic.. is the ex the D15 block (single cam, non vtec)? if it is, then I'm actually gonna say go for show.. the D block is very versatile as far as bolt ons and turbo setups go... just gotta know what there is out there. And as far as cosmetics go, just grab some 1000, 1500, and 2000 grit sandpaper and polish it, and it will look like chrome. I have a DOHC VTEC engine (b16), and to tell you the absolute truth, my old D block sol that I had sounded pretty much the same as the b16 does.. No contest as far as get up n go goes, though. Really depends on what she's more into.

B16EJ1
04-04-2003, 12:00 AM
EX Civic's have the 1.6L SOHC VTEC motors i.e. D16Z6/D16Y8. Overall from a guys POV I'd say swap that shit.

94delsolSI
04-04-2003, 12:26 AM
well i am a male but first i would like to say emily nice choice of car but n e way if you go for a swap i wouldnt go for a B16 just for the fact of the weight of that year civic torque may be a little low for it on the other hand B18 may get a little expensive but if you have a shop to give you some good prices then its all cool.

94SolGrl
04-04-2003, 06:45 AM
a JDM b18 swap is gonna run you about $3500 just for the engine.. if you can install it yourself, then more power to ya.. My POV remains the same... why get a bigger engine if she's not concerned about using it? I would get the kit and rims... and when the D16 starts punking out on you at like 5 million miles if she still has the car, then do a swap to something bigger. But if you do get a swap, bet a b18. If I'm way off and she's all about speed and stuff, you might want to look into an H22. They can be put in sols/civics if you get the prelude motor mounts. Personally, my weapon of choice would be a JDM b18 bored out to 2.0 liters.

94delsolSI
04-04-2003, 11:42 AM
the H22's are kinda heavy for cars with smaller engines and as for price of a B18C1 if you look on inlinefour.com you'll find that you can get the engine, transmission, ECU, shift linkage, mounts, drive axles for $3,200 also B18's can hold more power then the H22's but everything that has to do with honda's is a personal preference thing

speediva
04-04-2003, 06:02 PM
Does she have an auto??? (Please, DEAR GOD, I hope not) If so, then I'd take that as a REAL big sign that she'd rather have the kit and the like. I personally would take an engine b/c I'm into sleepers that have a TINY bit of looks and ALL go, but that's not everyone's style.

casperGSR
04-04-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by saturntangerine
Does she have an auto??? (Please, DEAR GOD, I hope not) If so, then I'd take that as a REAL big sign that she'd rather have the kit and the like. I personally would take an engine b/c I'm into sleepers that have a TINY bit of looks and ALL go, but that's not everyone's style.
not and automatic... it's manual don't worry. The reason I'm having such a problem deciding on which way to go is because there are those times that she'll a done up civ and say that she wished her car looked that good and then there are other times we'll be on the highway and someone will wanna race her and most of the time the little sohc won't be able to do what she really wishes it could... argh, decisions. If i were to do a swap I'd most likely drop a 18C1 in there which would definately give her some extra kick when she wants to open the car up... oh so confused :confused:

KrNxRaCer00
04-04-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by 94SolGrl
a JDM b18 swap is gonna run you about $3500 just for the engine.. if you can install it yourself, then more power to ya.. My POV remains the same... why get a bigger engine if she's not concerned about using it? I would get the kit and rims... and when the D16 starts punking out on you at like 5 million miles if she still has the car, then do a swap to something bigger. But if you do get a swap, bet a b18. If I'm way off and she's all about speed and stuff, you might want to look into an H22. They can be put in sols/civics if you get the prelude motor mounts. Personally, my weapon of choice would be a JDM b18 bored out to 2.0 liters.

couldn't have said it any better. (sorri, not a girl, but integra forum is DEAD)

RACER D12
04-05-2003, 07:24 PM
You must really love your girl but more power to ya;) oh and I would do the swap sounds like she could afford the kit later.

HondaBrat
04-09-2003, 01:58 PM
Depends on what she would appreciate more...sounds like for right now with school and all she has to deal with, she'd get more out of her car looking nicer than driving faster. Since I don't know her, I can't really say, but my opinion is to get her the kit and rims for now, especially if she's not really racing at the moment. ;)

B16_madwoman
05-31-2003, 03:13 PM
Go for the GO!!! I dont know her but that is what id like more, personally i like the stock look with GO, but whatever she likes really....
GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO FASTER!!!!

:coolguy: :ylsuper :ylsuper :thumbup:

dnyflyby
06-07-2003, 05:19 PM
Get her the swap!!!! dont want her running around with the rice! no offence to anyone!

mellowboy
06-10-2003, 05:19 PM
Go for the gsr swap. U need that motor to get that heavy car movin. 2 of my boys did a gsr swap on 2000 ex and 2000 si. Both loved it and was well worth it.

Problem_Si
06-24-2003, 09:04 PM
There is nothing wrong with the Sohc vtec motor.....its very capable of making power.

For the amount that a gsr or other B series motor swap would cost, you could have a full Greddy turbo setup with intercooler and probably still have some cash left over for some other small goodies. Then you could take her out to dinner or something

Personally, If you're trying to suprise her, start showing her pics of cars similar to hers, and really pay attention to what catches her fancy.

REMEMBER>>>>>THERE"S NOTHING SEXIER THAN THE SOUND OF A BLOW OFF VALVE!!!! pppoooooooosssshhh!!! :bigthumb:

Add your comment to this topic!