Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Big problem help!!

lamehonda
07-31-2009, 06:53 PM
Ok, So I'm backing my '05 frontier v6 4X4 extended cab out of the driveway this morning and it just dies on me. So, I'm wondering what is going on and I get out and look and fuel is POURING from the bottom of the vehicle by the tank assumedly from the top. I do drive it offroad some and noticed when I did a google search that someone had posted something identical on the NHTSA website. I am over 180 miles from a dealer and the haynes manual hasn't come out yet. Any of you have any idea what is happening? You think it might be the fuel pump?

lamehonda
07-31-2009, 07:14 PM
ok so I can see the top of the tank and one of the lines appeared to be completely off and I just pushed it back on until it made a bit of a click almost. Unfortunately I was late for work this morning and I failed to remove the keys from the ignition and turn it completely off and my battery is flat :loser:so I can test to see if it is still leaking

lamehonda
07-31-2009, 10:16 PM
Got it started. Doesn't seem to be leaking at all. Do you guys think it is safe? does it just push on or am I missing something?

lamehonda
08-11-2009, 05:57 PM
problem not solved. line keeps popping off periodically. is it supposed to have a clamp on it or something?

Greenblurr93
08-27-2009, 09:14 AM
Yes i would clamp it. if that doesnt work see if you can flare the end of where the line slides onto, that way it will seal and not slip off once a clamp is on.

Add your comment to this topic!