Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Question about R8

Enilder
07-31-2009, 06:51 PM
I recently purchased Audi R8 by revell. (Performance model with 75 pieces). are there more detailed R8 kit by chance in 1:24? any aftermarket parts? thanks! :biggrin:

blubaja
07-31-2009, 11:09 PM
I'm guessing you mean the street car and not the LeMans car? There are a few diecast of that in various scales. There is a photoetch detail set for it also. It is very decent, but the front grille work is set more for the r8 v10. But all in all, a very nice addition for the kit. Not so easy to find tho.
http://www.hiroboy.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2429

Enilder
08-01-2009, 09:43 AM
I'm guessing you mean the street car and not the LeMans car? There are a few diecast of that in various scales. There is a photoetch detail set for it also. It is very decent, but the front grille work is set more for the r8 v10. But all in all, a very nice addition for the kit. Not so easy to find tho.
http://www.hiroboy.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2429

yes i meant the street car. for the r8 v10, are you referring to the street car as well or the lemans car? thanks! :biggrin:

chkltcow
08-03-2009, 01:40 PM
I recently purchased Audi R8 by revell. (Performance model with 75 pieces). are there more detailed R8 kit by chance in 1:24? any aftermarket parts? thanks! :biggrin:

Without getting too far off topic, do you mind me asking what the quality of your kit is? I've been working on the R8 this past week, and my kit just seems horrible. None of the pieces fit quite right requiring either crazy sanding/trimming or filler putty, there's ridiculous amounts of flashing left on some of the pieces like the front vent/grille, and two of the brake discs snapped when I tried to cut them off the tree. :(

blubaja
08-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Without getting too far off topic, do you mind me asking what the quality of your kit is? I've been working on the R8 this past week, and my kit just seems horrible. None of the pieces fit quite right requiring either crazy sanding/trimming or filler putty, there's ridiculous amounts of flashing left on some of the pieces like the front vent/grille, and two of the brake discs snapped when I tried to cut them off the tree. :(

Well that's no good. Maybe you had gotten a late production run release, when the tools have been run through a few thousand times. Mine wasn't bad at all. Few, easily negotiable mold lines.

Enilder
08-09-2009, 04:57 PM

Hey, mine is working out great. I had a visitor so I've been painting small parts. This is my first revell (and second kit ever) and I am quite pleased with the quality. Mine was "Performance R8" and I think Revell makes 2 kits. Performance (75 pieces) and Regular (106 pieces).

Can anyone confirm that Revell makes 2 kits?

blubaja
08-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Revell makes 2 kits. The 1st one was released by Revell AG, which is the German Revell. And Revell in USA makes a kit also. They are both the same, except for a few minor decals.

Enilder
08-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Revell makes 2 kits. The 1st one was released by Revell AG, which is the German Revell. And Revell in USA makes a kit also. They are both the same, except for a few minor decals.

the only reason why i am asking this question is that one seems to have more pieces, which means that it's possibly more detailed. i guess either kits is fine unless i take PE route(?). i've not tried PE so i wanted to stick with "normal" kit. thanks.

blubaja
08-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Yea, I never understood what the parts count difference was. They are both the same kits. The US version is molded all in white, the AG one is silver and grey.

Enilder
08-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Yea, I never understood what the parts count difference was. They are both the same kits. The US version is molded all in white, the AG one is silver and grey.

ah i see. i hope i can finish my r8 this week :banghead:

thank you for your replies! :)

Add your comment to this topic!