Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Can anyone help me choose?

91p10nizmo
07-29-2009, 09:47 PM
Hi
Can anyone tell me which one of these crazy modeler carbon fibre sets is the best on for 1/24? Sorry ive only got the link cause there is quite a few on the page to choose from.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/SearchResults.aspx?sort_order=default&searchstring=carbon&current=0&mcat=0347-0924-&from=advanced&submit_keyword_search=++Search++&searchregion=100&advanced=true

Thanks for any help.
Nathan

rallymaster
07-30-2009, 10:40 AM
Hi Nathan,

That's imo tipically a hard question to answer... :confused: :eek7:
That depends on what car do you precisely want to build, carbon fiber texture isn't the same in all cars...
for example the Peugeot 908 LM uses different types of carbon, slightly different by their color and size...
I think that the best tip to choose is to closely look at the car/parts you want to carbonize, if you have references, and if it's a "fantasy" personal build (tuned car or something like that) choose what seems the best to you, because it's finally your car and your build...
I'm a bit confused because that's probably not the kind of answer you expected to get, maybe someone will dare to give a choice, but I personaly don't want to influence to choose one or another reference without knowing anything on your aim using it...
Hope you understand my answer and the reasons it's based on. ;)

91p10nizmo
07-30-2009, 06:40 PM
Ok cool thanks. Hadnt accually thought about it like that. The decals are for a GT-R road spec so not racing. Ill go look at some pics and then decide.
Thanks for your help.

rallymaster
07-31-2009, 01:07 AM
You're welcome ! ;)

Add your comment to this topic!