Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Issues with squeaking tires.

Zandra
07-29-2009, 12:20 PM
Hey All,

I'm crap with cars and my 2002 Cav. seems to have one issue after another. The current problem is a brand new squeaking that has developed in the front tire on the left side. It is a quiet squeaking that sounds like it's in time with the rotation of the tires. It starts squeaking when I get up to about 30 mph. It also seems to worsen when the road is bumpy (which is every road in North Carolina). Overall, the wheels do not make grinding noises unless I turn the wheel all of the way. My cars has always been somewhat clumsy taking turns. It also has nearly 120,000 miles on it because I received it second-hand. I do not drive far or often during the summer because my work is only three miles away, but I do drive on I-40 to visit home once a month, which is a 200 mile roundtrip.

All I know is that I've looked mechanic costs for potential problems and they nearly made me faint! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MalibuBarbie98
07-29-2009, 05:06 PM
The squeaking may be coming from your hubcaps. If you have the hubcaps that screw on with the plastic screws, it just may be that some of them are broken on the hubcap which makes it squeak. If not, then I would go to a brake shop that has free estimates and have them take a look.

Add your comment to this topic!