Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Sticky Front Brakes

rather_b_boatin
07-28-2009, 02:28 AM
I have a 91 Accord EX on which both front calipers stick every once in awhile. This occurs very intermittently and very occasionally. They will free up if I pull over and stop for a minute. The pads are new and I replaced the drivers caliper b/c it was sticking badly. I've tried opening bleeders while in "sticking" mode and no pressure was present on either side and the open bleeder allowed the master cylinder to drain freely. (indicating to me the rubber hoses were not degraded from the inside) I picked this car up recently from a co-worker for $200 and could not part with it once I drove it. Any advice/experience is appreciated.

somick
07-29-2009, 01:24 PM
Caliper sliding pings might be rusty. Did you check them out?

Sam

rather_b_boatin
08-02-2009, 07:38 AM
Yes, checked slide pins, well labricated and moved freely. After wasting $50 on new brake hoses I found the problem. For one reason or another (I've never seen/heard of this) the pedal was adjusted too far from the booster linkage so when the pedal was up, it was still putting a small amount of pressure on the booster linage. Undid a set screw, gave the linkage a few turns in and cured it.

Add your comment to this topic!