Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Trac Off, Anti-lock, Service Engine lights on

SpanishFlea
07-26-2009, 09:11 PM
After searching online, I find that most everyone seems to think that a hub and bearing assembly needs to be replaced. I just replaced it last year. Before the lights come on, when I press on my breaks it feels like my Anti-Lock breaks kick in and I hear the "thunk thunk thunk" sound it makes. It doesnt stop unless I pump the breaks. After the lights come on though, it doesnt happen again. My dad looked at the bearings and said they were fine, they had little to no play if you try moving them. But, I think that it'll take care of the problem if I get the hub and bearing replaced.

Ive found a couple of different websites with different prices on the hub and bearing assembly and was wondering if there was any difference between these two sites, so if you could, just let me know

http://www.1aauto.com/1A/-/Peugeot/-/1ASHF00001/

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/epartpal/items/item.aspx?itemid=560657

Thanks in advance

BNaylor
07-26-2009, 10:00 PM
Welcome to AF.

Not all ABS and traction control issues are the wheel sensors located in the hubs. It could be wiring, the EBTCM module or ABS modulator/motor pack assembly. Best to get it scanned with an ABS capable scan tool and see if any ABS/Chassis DTCs are stored.

SpanishFlea
07-27-2009, 01:16 AM
I thank you for the reply, but I dont have any idea what you said, or where I could get that done. I got a diagnostic from a local mechanic shop a while back. Said that the front right bearing was bad. But like I said, when I asked my dad he said the bearing looked fine.

However, reading online I saw that my problem was similar to many other Alero owners. I dont really know what's wrong. I replaced all of my rotors and break pads recently, and got my bushing repaired at a local mechanic. I just want my car to be safe to drive.

undersc0re
08-01-2009, 07:51 AM
Most likely those lights mean one of your bearings is going bad, almost surely a front one. Sometimes it is just a bad sensor on that hub, or bad connection or wiring there somewhere.

Add your comment to this topic!