Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

93 Laser With GSX motor swap

FuckeDUp1stGen
07-25-2009, 08:17 PM
:banghead:Ok first off i am a little new here. But i have a 93 Plymouth Laser with a 4G63 swap in it. I didnt do the swap, the car came with it already done. The idle fluxuates between 1000 to bout 1900 RPM's at idle. It does not have the OBDII setup in it. Could i get some suggestions on it?

SilvrEclipse
07-26-2009, 09:06 AM
What was in the car originally? The 1.8L? Have you checked for vac leaks? Also check the idle control valve

david-b
07-26-2009, 10:25 AM
Agreed with Silvr. There's got to be some kind of leak somewhere. Check all the vac lines for leaks, and check around the throttle body and see if you can feel air leaking in at some place. Then check the IAC.

FuckeDUp1stGen
07-29-2009, 03:08 PM
im not sure what was in the car before i got it. but there is no vac leak and the iac is fine. the car is either a gs or rs. all the markings are gone. does the RS come with a 4g63 from that year? also my throttle body and eci(intake?) aren't from the 1.8L or a 97 2nd gen motor. i have only seen two 2nd gen gsx motors here and one wouldn't pop the hood. the other was the 97 and had a dif throttle body and intake.

LandoAWD
07-30-2009, 08:40 AM
Can you post in English so we can help you?

Have you read the 1000aaq page?

Have you seen pictures of DSMs on the web?

Have you done ANY research?

FuckeDUp1stGen
08-05-2009, 06:28 AM
Uh yeah i actually have. i want to know if the 4g63 2.0L motor is the same in the 1st and second gen. i saw a 2nd gen eclipse motor and it looks exactly like mine. i checked all my vaccum lines for air leaks and i didnt find any, and a buddy of mine checked my idle air control and says its fine. so i cant figure out why my car is idling the way it is. and im pretty sure this is in english.

LandoAWD
08-05-2009, 12:43 PM
If you HAD read any of the things I inquired about, you'd already know the difference between a 6-bolt motor and a 7-bolt motor. Being a smartass isn't going to help anyone.

Google "idle surge DSM" and report back.

BTW, how exactly did you "check" any vacuum lines and the IAC without knowing how to do so. Seems odd.

Black99GST
08-05-2009, 01:15 PM
If you HAD read any of the things I inquired about, you'd already know the difference between a 6-bolt motor and a 7-bolt motor. Being a smartass isn't going to help anyone.

Google "idle surge DSM" and report back.

BTW, how exactly did you "check" any vacuum lines and the IAC without knowing how to do so. Seems odd.

:1: :loser: we are here to help, so its best if you are straight forward. know what you are talking about. and understand and actually attempt the things the people with RUNNING 4g63's have to say... not trying to flame you, but after reading the posts, the 6-bolt or 7-bolt things are BASIC... way basic... read the FAQ's, learn about your "new car" and stop wasting our time. you asked for advice, it was given... your turn :nono:

Add your comment to this topic!