Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Lighting the side view mirrors

km2002
07-23-2009, 10:41 PM
Just got a 2001 Jimmy SLE. Somewhere on the web, years ago, I found a page where an individual had crufted up his own LED turn signal lamps that he installed behind his mirrors to show through them rather than resort to the ugly aftermarket glue-ons that go on in front. Think I can find that page now? Yeah, right. Anyone out there have plans for lighting up the side view mirrors on a Jimmy from behind the glass? And while I'm in the neighborhood, anyone have plans for wiring turn signals in the mirror housings so they face the oncoming traffic? Thank you so very much.

km2002
08-05-2009, 12:19 AM
OK, I found the original article (Lord knows what magic incantation finally got Google to cough up the piece). Someone lit up his Taurus mirrors; I suspect the process is adaptable. (If someone's really interested, I can go back and get the URL.) And once I figure out how to remove the mirror glass without breaking it, I can probably adapt the process. Unfortunately, searching the web (including this forum) for steps to remove/replace mirror glass has, like the previous search, come up empty. Thanks to everyone who looked in, despite having nothing to say on the subject.

Add your comment to this topic!