Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

what mods to do next?

Integraboy617
04-03-2003, 07:56 AM
well boyz my teg is still in the shop. should be out by monday. planning to put it in the import expression show. jdm front, painted sidedoor moldings to match body, same with the stock side skirts, oem rear bumper valences, type r rear spoiler (no led) apex ws adjustables (lowered only 1 in because boston roads suck butt, gonna slam it for da show and put 18's on them) dc dac intake, and greddy evo exhaust. kenwood face, with mmats d200 amp and 2 mmats pro 12's. ill be happy to just have it in the show. oh yeah forgot about my carbon fiber hood. but now i need to fulfill the need for more speed. i have a skunk2 intake manifold and dc sports stainless steel 4-1 header waiting to be put on. but what else can i do for some good na power. Cams and camshafts? i heard about some gsr's that have intake exhaust and headers, then get better cam gears, camshafts, and cpu upgrader and they get close to 190 whp. is this true? please i need ideas guys.

p.s. finally getting rid of the stock xgt-v4 michelins that came with the car. those tires are a liability and they suck! seriously, do not buy them

casperGSR
04-03-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Integraboy617
well boyz my teg is still in the shop. should be out by monday. planning to put it in the import expression show. jdm front, painted sidedoor moldings to match body, same with the stock side skirts, oem rear bumper valences, type r rear spoiler (no led) apex ws adjustables (lowered only 1 in because boston roads suck butt, gonna slam it for da show and put 18's on them) dc dac intake, and greddy evo exhaust. kenwood face, with mmats d200 amp and 2 mmats pro 12's. ill be happy to just have it in the show. oh yeah forgot about my carbon fiber hood. but now i need to fulfill the need for more speed. i have a skunk2 intake manifold and dc sports stainless steel 4-1 header waiting to be put on. but what else can i do for some good na power. Cams and camshafts? i heard about some gsr's that have intake exhaust and headers, then get better cam gears, camshafts, and cpu upgrader and they get close to 190 whp. is this true? please i need ideas guys.

p.s. finally getting rid of the stock xgt-v4 michelins that came with the car. those tires are a liability and they suck! seriously, do not buy them
just curious but unless there is some different model of the 2000 gsr then the one that i have and know about, aren't the sidedoor moldings already the same color as the rest of the car... I thought it was only on the earlier year tegs or at least the lower models that had different color sidedoor moldings... as far as mods go though you should also look into some higher compression pistons if you want to go NA, personally I'd say go force fed, more hp to gain.

KrNxRaCer00
04-04-2003, 09:02 PM
cams, maybe a 50 shot..higher compression pistons like he said would be nice. ecu wouldn't hurt...but not gonna see many big gains...its kinda tough on b18c's to get anything unless u go forced...u could always upgrade ur drive-train (ie...lsd, final drive, clutch)

Add your comment to this topic!