Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ghost in the machine

dbsborg
10-24-2001, 08:00 PM
My 95 G20 has locked itself up four times in the last two months. Considering that the keys were still in the ignition this was a problem the first time! I had a spare made for my wallet which bailed me out of the other situations.

But it's not supposed to do that. Supposedly, you can't lock the doors with the keys in the ignition. This is a feature that I really like and have tested a few times and I can't lock it.

But it's locked itself up.....once it was even running!

Anyone heard of this? Hints? Sounds like it could be a pain in the ass to troubleshoot.

T4 Primera
10-24-2001, 08:41 PM
Try this thread:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t4605.html
;)

dbsborg
10-25-2001, 11:59 AM
Thank you for the direction T4. It's good to have folks around here that can remember discussion links.

But anyone know for sure where the door timer is on my G? And why the hell is it called a door lock "timer"?? It doesn't time anything.

T4 Primera
10-25-2001, 02:54 PM
It's only a couple of screws to remove each of the kick panels and have a look for it. The cars we dealt with in the other thread did not have security systems so there may be more components in there with it.

I have no idea why it's called a timer. Inside it has an IC, a chip and a couple of relays.

Add your comment to this topic!