Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

i need help from SKYLINE specialt....

scale auto style
07-22-2009, 01:31 PM
hi guy's

like some of you know i'm working on a database of EVERY product made in 1/24 - 1/25 scale. not only kit but aftermarket etc...

but this is not the point.. sorry... I'm now in my skyline section and i'm stuck.... in my description i want to add if it,s a R32, R33 or R34.. R34 are not realy a problem... the difference is very visible. but R32 and R33... not the same thing.

Take tamiya for example... kit 24111 castrol Rb GT-R i think it's an R32
but i see some description for the 24145 they said it's a R32 and other said it's an R33 :eek7: witch one is right. same thing for the 24090 :banghead: i want to be THE reference in scale modeling.

PS: for those who participate to the Weels and tire thread i will launch soon the database on my site. NOT the excell file ( this is very good but...) a real database with search engine... you will see it's amazing.

so your help to reconize them is VERY welcome

yours

jla
07-22-2009, 02:08 PM
http://recursos.hisinsa.com/graficos/tamiya/24111.jpg
24111? That's a R32

http://www.etamiya.com/shop/images/tamiya_scale_models/124_sports_car/b_24090.jpg
24090 is also a R32

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn309/gmodelkit2008/24145A.jpg That's a R33

But why bother with chassis codes?

scale auto style
07-22-2009, 02:26 PM
why bother with chassis code

it's not bothering its just to be the more accurate as possible. if for any reason someone need absolutly a R32 or a R33 car he will know witch one took.

personnaly i don't know the difference between all of these. it's not the engine. R32, R33 and R34 got an RB26 engine. only some accessories change to the motor to gave it ame ending letter RB26DETT or something else.

so thank you verymuch for the info.

yours

jla
07-22-2009, 03:45 PM
I can understand the need to locate specific model years for cars but going by chassis code probably is a bit more of a hassle.

Using the Skyline as an example:the 1989 skylines are usually generalized as a R32 which is also what most people refer to as the GT-R, the chassis code is really BNR32, then they have the GTS-T which is chassis code HCR32. Then there are the 4 door models.. ect...

Or for example if you have a second generation RX-7 chassis code is FC3S in Japan, but technically FC33 in the United States, however that chassis code does not not a difference between the model years of 86-88 and 89 to 91.

If you already have the kit name, and box art, then all you'd really need is the model year the car is supposed to represent. That way you also don't have to deal with late or early models since you have the model year.

Just a suggestion though!

scale auto style
07-22-2009, 03:55 PM
I can understand the need to locate specific model years for cars but going by chassis code probably is a bit more of a hassle.

Using the Skyline as an example:the 1989 skylines are usually generalized as a R32 which is also what most people refer to as the GT-R, the chassis code is really BNR32, then they have the GTS-T which is chassis code HCR32. Then there are the 4 door models.. ect...

Or for example if you have a second generation RX-7 chassis code is FC3S in Japan, but technically FC33 in the United States, however that chassis code does not not a difference between the model years of 86-88 and 89 to 91.

If you already have the kit name, and box art, then all you'd really need is the model year the car is supposed to represent. That way you also don't have to deal with late or early models since you have the model year.

Just a suggestion though!

i understand your mean but the things that i don't understand in that case... why people when thay talk about skyline.. ( the modern one) they are always specific to a chassis. everybodu i know when they talk to me are always talking... do you have a R32, a R33, R34 and noe the R35. if the inly differnece or the chassy why??:screwy: sounds crazy for me.. no??

jla
07-22-2009, 04:13 PM
Well like I said "R32" will just be a generic term for all Skylines made from 89 to 94 and so on. So there won't ever be any distinction between the different models if you only refer to them as such. For Skylines that year GTS-ts are rear wheel drive, GT-Rs are 4 wheel drive, but if you call them both R32s you won't really know will you?

scale auto style
07-22-2009, 04:32 PM
Well like I said "R32" will just be a generic term for all Skylines made from 89 to 94 and so on. So there won't ever be any distinction between the different models if you only refer to them as such. For Skylines that year GTS-ts are rear wheel drive, GT-Rs are 4 wheel drive, but if you call them both R32s you won't really know will you?

ABSOLUTLY right.. thank's for the advise i will put more than necessary but i think this will be good

skyline R-32 GTS
skyline R-32 GT-R
skyline R-33 GT-R

and so...

thank's again

jamaicawagon
07-22-2009, 09:14 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Skyline

scale auto style
07-23-2009, 02:54 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Skyline

super thank'sfor the link