Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 Cougar Moonroof not responding

xtiffanyx
07-20-2009, 09:58 PM
I got a 94 cougar and my moonroof stopped working. ive checked all the fuses and there good. Including the ones under the hood.

When I push the moonroof button nothing happens, no noises, no nothing. Is there some relay, and where would that be? I dont know what to do. Its summer, I got no AC and I really want to try to fix it.

So if there is some relay I should check, maybe someone can talk me through that. I dont even know where the moonroof motor is and how to check that if I need a new one. I dont know, it might not be worth fixing it.

But if somebody has an idea of what I can check please let me know. So far I only checked the fuses inside the car and under the hood. When it stopped working there was no noises or burn out. So i dont think it is the motor. Luckily I had it closed when it stopped responding.

Hope someone can help

thisnametooktolong
07-22-2009, 11:59 AM
You need to pull the switches out and start checking for a voltage drop of less than 1 volt across the switch when activated. Just checking it closed is not good enough because it does not have a load on it may ay check good by resistance. If you don’t find the problem in the control, then you have to yank the headliner, I have found bad connectors up there more than one time. Besides the cam switch at the top it works just like a power window (you have a switch so that it will lift the back instead of slide back if so equipped)

xtiffanyx
07-22-2009, 10:43 PM
Well. Im not sure how to do that. I did figure something out today though. My sunroof is a hollandia aftermarket one. So i was told by the auto parts guy that the there wouldnt be a relay under the hood. So now im really confused.

Or my switch itself might have died. So where the heck would i get a new one. I checked my glovebox and I actually found an old receipt/warrenty for the hollandia sunroof. It was done in 95. I didnt know my sunroof wasnt done by ford.

So this kinda changes things. Where the heck would the fuse or relay be. I wonder if I can contact the company and ask. I really cant get this professionally fixed.

thisnametooktolong
07-23-2009, 05:33 AM
E-bay

Add your comment to this topic!