Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Replacing blower motor resistor did not help

tat
07-20-2009, 08:00 PM
I have a 2002 Chevrolet Impala. The HVAC fan quit working after losing settings 1-4. I have replaced the blower motor resistor and it still doesn't work. I have no power coming out of resistor going to the blower itself. Could it be the variable control switch? If not, any other ideas?

j cAT
07-24-2009, 07:48 PM
I have a 2002 Chevrolet Impala. The HVAC fan quit working after losing settings 1-4. I have replaced the blower motor resistor and it still doesn't work. I have no power coming out of resistor going to the blower itself. Could it be the variable control switch? If not, any other ideas?

check fuses/motor

GregGP
06-10-2010, 02:14 PM
If you haven't gotten it fixed yet, you need to replace the ignition switch. The HVAC fan gets power through the ignition switch from speeds 1 to 4, then it gets it elsewhere for the high setting.

raast
06-11-2010, 07:42 AM
See my earlier post on the switch. Once replaced, I had 5 speeds again. If you tap the switch (within reason o/c) in any of the other speeds, do you get any results, even temporarily? That was the giveaway for mine, was indeed a failed switch.
The contacts are plainly oxidized & heat damaged, there is a buildup of contact material on the casing, all not good.

Elephesent
06-27-2010, 01:30 PM
Have you checked power to the resistor module? This would verify if the ignition switch was sending power to the resistor module or not.

Add your comment to this topic!