Page updated on 11-21-2017

2002 tahoe problems!

wesk18
07-20-2009, 08:31 PM
My rear ac stop working the front works gives me a weird odor n it leaks water near the front wheel??

second problem my front wheel is making a noise while driving a mechanic told me it was the wheel bearing so i replaced the left side but still the noise is there can it be the front axle assembly??

third problem, while driving at slow speeds a squeeking noise i could heard but cant tell from where, what can it be??

thanks

roadrunner2
07-21-2009, 09:20 PM
My rear ac stop working the front works gives me a weird odor n it leaks water near the front wheel??

second problem my front wheel is making a noise while driving a mechanic told me it was the wheel bearing so i replaced the left side but still the noise is there can it be the front axle assembly??

third problem, while driving at slow speeds a squeeking noise i could heard but cant tell from where, what can it be??

thanks

I also have an '02 Hoe and the A/C in mine pushed out warm air in the front and cold out the back.

A new electric blend door motor fixed it.

The A/C condensor drain is close behind the right front wheel and if you use the A/C, that's where the water will appear.

I can't help with the other two questions from here.

MT-2500
07-22-2009, 09:52 AM

thanks

Is rear air fan working?
Does ac have the proper charge?
Water leak underside is good they all do that.

On wheel bearing noise did you not check the other side to?
Does the noise cange when going 30 50 MPH down the road when turning the steering wheel just a little bit?

Is the squeekling coming from a front wheel and which side?

wesk18
07-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Is rear air fan working?
Does ac have the proper charge?
Water leak underside is good they all do that.

On wheel bearing noise did you not check the other side to?
Does the noise cange when going 30 50 MPH down the road when turning the steering wheel just a little bit?

Is the squeekling coming from a front wheel and which side?

the rear fan is not working only the front but not as good as before so it might need a charge.

the wheel bearing noise got louder at higher speeds, when steering to the right on a curve the noise seems to lower

the squeeking is coming from the right side not sure if its the front or rear

MT-2500
07-22-2009, 04:46 PM
the rear fan is not working only the front but not as good as before so it might need a charge.

the wheel bearing noise got louder at higher speeds, when steering to the right on a curve the noise seems to lower

the squeeking is coming from the right side not sure if its the front or rear

Sounds like you need to replace the other wheel bearing.
Was the one you replace bad?

You need to get the rear fan working good.
what speeds is front fan working on.
What is the vent tempt front and rear?
Also make sure you have a full charge.
Low charge will knock out one end of AC.

Add your comment to this topic!