Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

putting on the brakes car is bumpy

nickfromboston
07-18-2009, 07:26 PM
what could it be? the rotors were changed a liitle while ago but might need new ones, brakes could not be working in a place as well??? if rotors, can it be filed down?? or just new ones?!

Kitt1993
07-18-2009, 10:12 PM
does the steering wheel go back and fourth to the left and right? It might be Tie rod ends. Or do you feel it in the brake pedal? Did you hit the brakes real hard and run through water? Could be a few different things.

B

nickfromboston
07-25-2009, 07:06 PM
what could it be? the rotors were changed a liitle while ago but might need new ones, brakes could not be working in a place as well??? if rotors, can it be filed down?? or just new ones?!
well front rotors i felt it in the brake pedal only and the whole car moved when tring to stop at a high speed!!

Kitt1993
07-25-2009, 10:14 PM
rotors are warped

junk yard doggie
07-27-2009, 08:50 PM
Hi Nick

Rotors are warped, calipers are sticking or both. The caliper just need to float easily back and forth on its slide pins. Stay away from the cheap Chinese rotors they warp instantly.

Bearfoot
07-30-2009, 08:02 PM
1995 Owners Manual. Pg. 234

When you feel the brake pedal start pulsating, this is an indication that the ABS system is working correctly and is normal.

My pedal has always pulsated, even after having a complete brake job done...master cylinder, all brake cylinders, complete flush, new rotors and new shoes...the best of everything I could get. And it still pulsates - I know the ABS is working!

Kitt1993
07-31-2009, 09:36 AM
Lmao..

Bearfoot
08-01-2009, 12:45 AM
Kitt, You're starting to sound like your friend Daniel. Strange you would laugh at a quote from the Owners Manual - Of course, some people think they know more than the Manual.

Kitt1993
08-01-2009, 09:48 AM
I wasn't insulting the manual, I was laughing at YOUR response to cheap breaks. Is there anything wrong with that? I just found it amusing that's all. Even Mike said the rotors are warped....

I'm no where near Daniel

B

Bearfoot
08-01-2009, 11:10 AM
Of course cheap Chinese (or other) rotors could warp, no matter how new, but he never said he had cheap rotors (although he did say they could already be warped).

What I'm saying is that just because you feel a 'pulsing' in the pedal when applying brakes, it doesn't necessarily mean they are warped or that the calipers are sticking. IMO, if he did a good brake job, I don't think there is anything to worry about and I wouldn't spend a bunch of $$ trying to find out why a "normal" action is taking place.

As far as what Mike says, he is an intelligent man and knows "junk" cars very well. Maybe he hasn't read what the manual had to say about pulsating brakes or, maybe he forgot. Mike has asked questions on here - an admission that he does not know everything. :licka: Steve is one of the best and most knowledgeable on the forum, but at times he has had to use reverse gear. I have very much respect for both of these men but I don't think they are perfect...the only One who was perfect was hung on a cross.

Neither do I say, nor believe, that I am perfect. All I did was quote from the manual and tell my experience - which jives perfectly with the manual. I still feel that if a good brake job was done (that means using good material) it is a waste of time and money trying to find the reason for the pulsating brakes that the manual says is normal.

I didn't even imply that you were "close" to friend Daniel...just that you were starting to sound like him (and hope you don't continue in that vein :smile:). And BTW, I enjoy most of your posts and you usually give very good advice. In general, I very much appreciate your input on the forum - and that is much more than I can say about Daniel.

Kitt1993
08-01-2009, 02:30 PM
WELL, Now that we got that all out.. How bout a group hug???

:iceslolan:tongue::tongue::iceslolan

Bearfoot
08-01-2009, 07:15 PM
The thing about forums is that we cannot see facial expressions, hear voice inflection or see body language. Sometimes there are misunderstandings for that very reason - not because either one was actually wrong. :cheers:

Kitt1993
08-01-2009, 11:42 PM
Does that mean no on the hug?

Bearfoot
08-02-2009, 08:23 AM
It means, I don't know how to put the hugs on here so I did the next best thing. If you ever get to SW Idaho I'll give you a big hug and buy you lunch. :tongue:

**HUGS**

Add your comment to this topic!