93 saturn sl for 700.00

goheelsbaby
07-16-2009, 12:28 PM
Im looking at a 93 saturn with 168000 miles on it for 700.00. Good buy??I know the car is in good condition, the people who owned it kept very good records. It is just an around town and to and from work (10 miles). Is this car gonna be worth it?

akboss
07-16-2009, 03:05 PM
Are you handy with a car able to fix it when it breaks? If you need a car, its hard to argue with $700.

Ray paulsen
07-16-2009, 04:44 PM
If you know the seller it sure looks like a good deal, look at it this way, even if you got to sink another $ 500. - $700. into vehicle and it runs for a year without further expense it will have been a fair investment, go beyond that and you're into brownie point territory.

here is a link that will help you along to make sure that the car check out http://www.usedcartips.org/TESTDRI.html to secure your investment.

After your test drive , if something did not seem right, take vehicle for an inspection, and if mechanic hits you with less than $700. to make car perfect ... it's still a bargain

Knowing the seller and history for that kind of money, thousand of buyers would like to be in your position, give me an update in this thread, I really am interested to know your direction.

wafrederick
07-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Have a mechanic check it out first.Most cars that price are junk and not worth driving.There is no such thing as a cheap car anymore below a grand.Most yards in my area bought them for scrap,to crush after pulling the catalytic converter and the wheels off when the price of crush was very high.

trim250
08-05-2009, 02:29 AM
You should have a mechanic look at, just for a second opinion. I had a 1996 Saturn with 200K+ on it, I paid $200. And I have never had to replace or fix anything on it (besides oil changes) and I had it over 2 years.

Add your comment to this topic!