Fan clutch left unplugged...help!

Kamann
07-14-2009, 01:12 PM
A new radiator was put into my 02 Trailblazer in October '08 because a mechanic broke the original one upon doing a transmission fluid flush. Around the end of May '09 (7 months) my vehicle began to overheat. I live in Michigan so the weather had just started to warm up. My fiance looked and saw that the fan clutch was not plugged back in upon completion of the installation of the radiator.
My water pump ended up needing to be replaced a month later after the car continued to overheat on and off.
If the fan clutch wasn't plugged in, could it have caused my water pump to fail?

Thank you for your time!

This is only one of the problems...after replacing the water pump, we found that the wrong radiator was installed also. So the wrong radiator installed and the fan clutch wasn't plugged back in. I have to go to court over the matter and want to make sure I'm not asking for something that isn't their fault and isn't owed to me. But I can't afford to pay for their mistakes either.

maxwedge
07-14-2009, 02:33 PM
Didn't we just go thru this in the thread below? What exactly do you need, no one can definitively answer this without examine on site all the parts and involved issues, this cannot be done remotely.

Add your comment to this topic!