Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Leaving U.S. ?

oldblu65
07-13-2009, 02:12 PM
Mitsubishi ( as well as Suzuki ) announced today the possibility that they will leave the US market . Mitsubishi sales are down over 70 % and Suzuki's by over 40 % . A definitive announcement will be made in the near future .

Driesman
08-12-2011, 09:34 PM
One wonders about user perceptions versus actual quality. In the 4 wheel drive real-user market (not the playing fields) there are two marquees that consistently stand out in Africa - all the way from Cape Town to Sudan - that have the best record for reliability and bad-road or off-road ability and driver comfort, namely the Mitsubishi Pajero (Montego in the USA) and the Toyota Landcruiser series.

You can buy any normal spare in any small town even way out in the wilderness - and as it is not much break in them in any case.

Particularly the Pajero is well-known for the quality of design and assembly and consistently reaching half a million kilometers before any engine work needs to be done. Never any problems with the drive trains, and very solid bodies. It has one shortcoming and that is that the axle movement on the suspension is somewhat short when loaded with a full roof rack as is common on long distance safaris into the wilderness where ANY trailer is a huge liability.

The Pajero with constant four wheel-drive, locks on all three differentials, exceedingly good levels of driver and passenger comfort and exceptionally good fuel consumption must stand out as the best quality, longest lasting vehicle in this class.

I am relocating from Pretoria to Canada and I shall do my best to find a little-used or well looked after Montego 3500 petrol model even if there are no dealers.

Add your comment to this topic!