Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tribute fog lights - more details, please

MachJock
07-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Please give more details regarding how to replace the Tribute (2003) fog lights. I've seen some posts on this. However, I can't seem to remove any of the fasteners (plastic screw-like things in the wheel well) or metal bolts (along the lower part of the front bumper cover). The fasteners just turn and won't back out - I've successfully removed these elsewhere where I had access to the back side; such is not the case here. The bolts turn slightly but don't seem to be backing out. I don't think the threads are stripped. Any detailed hints anyone could give would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

AlohaBra
03-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Please give more details regarding how to replace the Tribute (2003) fog lights. I've seen some posts on this. However, I can't seem to remove any of the fasteners (plastic screw-like things in the wheel well) or metal bolts (along the lower part of the front bumper cover). The fasteners just turn and won't back out - I've successfully removed these elsewhere where I had access to the back side; such is not the case here. The bolts turn slightly but don't seem to be backing out. I don't think the threads are stripped. Any detailed hints anyone could give would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Use a sharp dentist tool. Carefully pry those inserts out. They are pushed in on assembly to spread open the fastener. Then pry the fastener out. That style part is used for quick assembly of the body.

You might have to pull one side of the bumper off too. I think that is the way I did it.

Edit: as far as the metal screws turning, you might have to put a screwdriver in there and pry while unscrewing. If you can submit a picture I might be of more help here.

Add your comment to this topic!